Data Systems Analysts, Inc. is searching for a Cloud Engineer I for our location in McLean, VA.
- Cloud operations engineer using providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Engage with Cloud Service Operations in support of ITIL incident, Change, and Problem management
- Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Support full application stacks from the OS through custom applications using Amazon or Azure cloud based computing environments.
- Work closely with our architects and senior engineers to design networks, systems, and storage environment that effectively reflect business needs, security requirements, and service level requirements
- Work with engineering and architecture teams to design and implement scalable software services
- Maintain thorough documentation using Microsoft Word and Visio
- Configure, deploy, and install virtual network communications solutions
- Perform after-hours maintenance as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- U.S. Citizenship required
- One year of System Administration and Cloud Support experience
- Experience designing and building environments on AWS
- Experience with AWS cloud storage solutions, SQL database administration (PostgreSQL, MS, Oracle, NoSQL), Cloud networking solutions and/or distributed computing technology
- Experience with networking including routing and firewalls
- Experience programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware, Xen, Hypervisor)
- Working knowledge of IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- Cross-functional infrastructure experience with Systems, Storage and Networking
- Knowledge of the operating models for private cloud, IaaS, and PaaS technologies
- Perform troubleshooting analysis
- A team player capable of high performance, flexibility in a dynamic working environment and the ability to lead
- Experience with Jenkins, Maven, Get, Apache, Tomcat, Jira a plus
- Systems administration in Linux/Unix (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat, Solaris, etc)
- Networking (TCP/IP, DNS)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Self-starter who is excited about technology
- Troubleshooting / Support experience
- Open to working shifts, including overnight shifts
- Knowledge of Network Engineering and Security technology is preferred.
Required Education and experience:
- Required: Minimum of 1 to 3 years of IT systems administration experience
- Required: Bachelor's Degree or Associates with 2 additional years of experience.
- Desired: AWS Solution Architect Associate Level Certification
PUBLIC TRUST clearance will be required.
Founded in 1963, Data Systems Analysts, Inc. (DSA) has been providing Defense and Federal Government customers' business-driven Information Technology and consulting solutions and services for more than 50 years. DSA's people excel in helping our customers achieve sensitive, mission-critical business goals and objectives. DSA is a 100 percent employee-owned company: every employee has a stake in the success of our company and our customers. Our culture embraces training and development opportunities that include leadership programs, employee networks, continued education, and much more. We recognize that building expertise in your profession benefits everyone, and our leadership training programs help employees better manage their projects, inspire coworkers and customers to action, and reinforce DSA's guiding principles
We also value the unique combination of skills, abilities, aspirations, and backgrounds of every individual our diversity makes us stronger. We are 100 percent employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).DSA employees receive customizable benefits that are highly competitive in each local market that include a Vanguard 401K. DSA provides equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status; race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.
DSA will provide necessary reasonable accommodation to ensure that an individual with a disability who is not able to fully utilize DSA's online job application system is provided with equal opportunity to apply and be considered for all jobs. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email HR @dsainc.com
or call 1-877-422-4372.