This is a Full-Time position and work location will be in Alexandria, VA.
Hours/Shift: Monday through Friday during core business hours of 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM, On-Call for deployment support. Actual work hours could vary depending on customer needs.
- Provide configuration support of AWS provisioning for project usage of AWS as directed.
- Prepare IAM setup, user setup, conforming to established policy and procedures.
- Configuration of VPCs, CloudFormation, EC2, CloudWatch, S3, IAM and other USPTO authorized AWS services of respective project AWS accounts to conform to policy and procedures.
- Perform duties related to account creation, password reset, and custom AWS permissions in accordance to policy and procedures.
- Perform configuration and validation to maintain functionality software/systems deployed to AWS.
- Open support tickets and follow-up with AWS as needed.
- Review and validate Project configuration documentation to ensure end-to-end setup and operations of Project deployments, providing feedback on corrections and areas requiring clarification.
- Availability to provide Scheduled/Ad hoc - configuration support or deployments.
- Provide tracking and reporting details related to activity in support of configuration and services.
- Work with Development Team in addressing identified O&M defects within Integration Products, Applications.
- Ensure all defects logged under O&M are adequately addressed within ongoing projects.
- Automate application deployment process using CloudFormation or other automation tool as requested.
- Work with Application team to implement best practice standards.
- Provide regular update for best practices and documentation on a weekly basis as needed.
- Support Knowledge transfer of Projects integrated to designated support personnel.
Desired Skills and Technologies:
- OS –UNIX/AIX/Linux, Windows, Amazon AMI
- CM – Rational ClearQuest/ClearCase, Rally, Subversion, Nexus, Jenkins, Sonar, Crystal Reports
- Languages – Powershell, Python, Java, AWS CLI
- Technical Writing – Creation of technical documentation, runbook, operational support plans, deployment plans, smoketests
- DB/Data – Oracle RDS, DynamoDB, AWS Services
- Analysis – Ability to troubleshoot, review, technical issues and report on them.
- Web Server –nginx, jboss, AWS Services
- Middleware/portal – SOLR, AWS Services
- Cloud Services – Billing consolidation, AWS Services, Fed RAMP, Authorized AWS Partner, Authorized AWS Reseller, O&M Support, System Integration capability
- Bachelor's Degree or 8 years of equivalent work experience in IT related work
- Should have a valid AWS Certification, such as AWS Developer or AWS SysOps or AWS Solution Architect – Associate/Professional
You do not need a current/active clearance to apply, but must be able to pass and hold a government Public Trust (SF-85) background investigation. You must either be a US Citizenship or Green Card Holder to be eligible.
IIa is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment and random substance abuse testing.