The Defense Group at Leidos is currently seeking a Cloud Engineer to join our team.
A Senior Cloud Engineer has experience with the architecture, design and implementation process with the major Cloud Service Providers. The Senior Cloud Engineer must be able to learn about new cloud technologies and understand how to implement cyber security services within current and new environments. A Senior Cloud Engineer must be able to work with Cloud Service Providers and other CSSP members to architect Defensive Cyber Operations capabilities to be used at all levels of the Department of Defense.
We have a need for a pro-active Cloud Engineer to help with executing DCO services in a cloud computing environment and assist with establishing new methods, tactics, tools, techniques, and technologies to address cybersecurity defense operations including but not limited to system compliance and integrity, muti-tenancy, cloud native cyber defense initiatives, desktop as a service, encryption, and file management.
• Leverage knowledge and skills associated with cloud-first and AWS native architectures, AWS Console, CLI, and Manage Services
• Utilizing cloud services to build infrastructure as code in an automated fashion
• Implement DevSecOps including auto-scaled architectures for rebuilds
• Use knowledge for IT systems to include, but not limited to;
• Linux baselines: RHEL, Bash Scripting and hardening protocols
• Micro-Services: building decoupled systems, utilizing RESTful endpoints and lightweight systems
• Data Management: landing zones, data lakes, and data movement restrictions for security
• Development: Modern coding principles, continuous integration pipelines, and automation-first implementations
• Security: understanding of information security postures for members of the Intelligence Community, engineering of secure solutions, and experience providing security documentation
• Operations: continuous deployments, rip and replace architectures, dynamic monitoring, and quick-response operations up-time
• CI/CD tools: Git and Jenkins
• Require BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level. Experience in lieu of degree may be acceptable.
• Experience with AWS Console, CLI, and manage services utilizing cloud services to build infrastructure as a code in an automated fashion
• Understanding of aspects of architect and design enterprise cloud solutions and AWS.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Active DoD TS with SSBI or TS/SCI
• Relevant Cloud Based Certification
• At least 2 years of C2S experience
• Cloud formation
• Server less architectures and implementations
• Big data solutions for data lake implementations (Elasticsearch)
• Managing complex Sponsor relationships and requirements gathering
• Experience with migrating workloads to the cloud
• Injecting detailed technical direction into teams for adoption
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Security Architecture and Engineering