Job ID: 2113244 Location:
WASHINGTON , DC , US Date Posted:
Cloud Comp EngrSchedule:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC has an immediate opportunity for a Cloud Engineer located in Washington D.C.
This is a full-time direct position with benefits. The Senior Cloud Architect duties will entail Cloud Evangelism as well as researching, designing and engineering integration solutions for the client.
This role is temporarily remote due to Covid-19, but may require occasional on-site presence. Associates will report back to the office full time at the customer's request.
The Cloud Architect must have experience in providing leadership and mentorship to small and high performing technical teams working in the development and operations of cloud and other virtualized environments.
Qualifications Required Education & Experience
- Must have significant in-depth understanding of and experience with the creation of and use of cloud-based resources; as well as the migration of legacy systems to the cloud.
- Must be able to identify strategies for addressing requirements.
- Must have extensive experience analyzing requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance concerns.
- Must have extensive experience in taking client requirements and developing it into an architecture vision.
- Must have experience in high volume and high availability cloud based network interconnectivity like VPC, VPN and VPC Peering
- Must have experience in creating and conveying to the client and team members solutions based on cloud offerings and services.
- Must take ownership for system solutions including but not limited to: AWS platforms, deployment platform and virtualized environment solutions.
- Must have experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices such as Agile
- Must have extensive software and Hardware development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages as well as development and deployment platforms.
- Deep Dive Experience with compute, storage, Database, Developer Tool, security, identity compliance, Management & Governance, network & Content Delivery, Analytic and application Integration
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related engineering degree and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters in Computer Science or related engineering degree and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Intimate knowledge / Development in one or more programing languages (Java, Python, C/C++, C#, PHP, .Net, Node.js, Go and Ruby)
- Knowledge of JSON, YAML and XML
- Intimate knowledge of system Administration of Windows and Linux servers
- Knowledge and understanding of Virtual Networking principles such as DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, CDN, Public and Private Subnets and VPN
- Worked with AW services such as Route 53, CloudFront and Virtual Private Cloud
- Knowledge of data storage options available and when to apply them (i.e. bucket storage using S3 to Relational Database Services (RDS) to full fledge Hadoop clusters.
- Knowledge of Cloud Security foundations (i.e. securing AWS accounts, to data, to managing identity and access management (IAM) services as well as using security groups and access control list to secure networks)
- Intimate knowledge of both front and back end technologies provided by the cloud vendor (i.e. Amazon)
- Knowledge of basic Amazon services such as SQS, SNS and RDS
- Working experience or knowledge of virtualization or services like virtual machines, EC2, Lambda and Serverless Computing
- Working knowledge of Web Services and Api
- Working knowledge of Containers such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Knowledge of using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to implement IaaS, PaaS, SaaS using CI/CD process
Required Clearance Desired Skills
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Associate up to Professional level will be accepted.
- Knowledge of and or worked in the following additional Cloud environments:
- Microsoft's Azure
- Google's GCP
- Knowledge of and or worked with the following tools:
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.