We are looking for a highly motivated Cloud Engineer to join our team. Working with a diverse group of technicians and analysts in a fast paced environment, responsibilities of this position include defining the technical specification, coding, life cycle management, unit testing, defect remediation, and working agile with development team. This position will provide a challenging opportunity to work on projects generally involving complex margin processing (Option Pairing, Margin processing, Portfolio Margin, Limited Margin, Buying Power calculations, etc.) and within an exciting multi-platform application that is currently expanding and modernizing with aspirations for the cloud.
This role is specifically to join the group modernizing the production to migration of the IBM Mainframe to a distributed platform, with that platform potentially being private or public cloud.
- The Engineer provides business solutions by developing complex or multiple software applications. They demonstrate a solid understanding of the business or function for which the application is designed.
- Displays a full understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning.
- Provide technical leadership to multiple teams in broad technical areas
- Works across functional organizations in the in the identification of corporate-wide technology initiatives
- Takes a lead role in systems teams formed for the purpose of sharing systems knowledge and developing strategy
- May be responsible for directing and monitoring the work of team members along with mentoring team members.
- Supports and performs all phases of testing leading to implementation.
- Works under minimal direction, works with significant autonomy
- Provides application support for appropriate platform.
- May serve as on-call resource to support the organization's service and escalation model.
- 4-7 years technical and analytical experience as a distributed system developer with experience in migrating distributed applications to the cloud.
- Required technologies and tools: Cloud, 12-factor, docker, springboot, java
- Preferred technologies: cloud foundry, openshift/stack
- Strong self-starting skills, analytical skills, and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education or experience
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 972-256-8096