Job Title: Cloud Engineer
Location: Northern NJ
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months +
Contact Info: Matt O'Brien - firstname.lastname@example.org - 201-786-2415
- The Cloud Engineer will be part of a engineering team that has a focus on delivering cloud hosted solutions for externally facing sites.
- The cloud engineering team manages the design, capacity planning, build, orchestration, and L2 and up operational activities within the Cloud Infrastructure team.
- The Cloud Engineer will be a key contributor on new projects working with development teams on specs and requirements.
- This candidate will actively work with the Cloud Architecture team on project design and participate in standardizing the cloud platform.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience supporting web infrastructure running in a Linux and/or Unix environment
- Minimum of 2 years of public cloud experience with a preference of AWS
- Minimum of 2 year of operational expertise with infrastructure configuration (i.e. Puppet, Chef, etc), change control and source-code management methodologies
- Minimum of 4 years of experience performance tuning LAMP based web applications
- Minimum of 4 year of experience in resolving system / application technical problems
- Minimum of 2 years working with Agile based development teams
- Proven expertise in or most of the following:
- Project planning and implementation
- Requirements gathering and system analysis
- Systems integration and implementation
- Project estimation
- Client communications
- Certification as an AWS SysOps admin or a Devops Engineer a plus
- Experience with containers and Container Management through Kubernetes a plus
- Can independently lead projects
- Experience working with geographically diverse teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Expert skills in several of the following areas:
- Web technologies like Apache, Tomcat, NginX, Varnish
- Support applications that utilize PHP, python, and Java
- Configuration management technologies with a heavy preference for Puppet
- Extensive programming in either python, perl, and shell
All offers of employment at TechLink, Inc. are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Background checks will include: Social Security Verification, Prior Employment Verification, Professional References, Educational Verification, Criminal History, Motor Vehicle Records and e-verify