The positions are expected to be contract to hire full time roles for Cloud Engineers (DevOps, SRE, Linux etc) with DOD TS/SCI security clearances.
These roles are an office-based position in the Washington D.C area. This position includes on-call work due to the critical nature of the services we support.
Maintaining cloud services and working in a highly collaborative environment deploying, monitoring, and maintaining systems hosting our IaaS model.
We are looking for candidates who are expert in at least 2 of the following skills:
- Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu and Windows operating systems.
- Troubleshooting Active Directory, DNS and network routing issues.
- Containerization and virtualization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Gitlab, VMs, etc.)
- Microsoft Azure cloud services.
- Automate repetitive and error prone tasks and processes, using tools like Docker, GitLab, Ansible, Python, Bash, Perl, Ruby and other scripting languages.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Automate repetitive and error prone tasks and processes, using tools like Docker, GitLab, Ansible, Python, Bash and other scripting languages.
- Administer SaaS / cloud-based solutions orchestrated with containerized applications.
- Ensure adequate monitoring is in place and enhance or adjust where needed. You'll continuously measure the availability, latency and overall system health.
- Secure our environment from security threats deploying patches and least-privilege configurations.
- Respond to incidents and drive change preventing issues from re-occurring. You will also look for opportunities to automate the recovery for certain incidents that may be difficult to prevent. You will use Atlassian Jira to track issues to resolution based on their priority.
- Design and implement tools for automated deployment and monitoring of multiple environments.
- Document findings and solutions you create using Atlassian Confluence as well as well-documented automation.
- Familiarity with Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu and Windows operating systems.
- Experience troubleshooting Active Directory, DNS and network routing issues.
- A grasp of containerization and virtualization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, VMs, etc.)
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud services.
- A basic understanding of at least one scripting language similar to Bash, Python, or Pearl, Ruby.
- You are generally curious and highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills
- You are great at solving problems, sorting meaningful information from noise, and taking action.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree is preferred.