Job Purpose & Key Accountabilities:
To support PGS move to an agile, cloud-based solution, by configuring the hardware for the company to run in the cloud, writing tools that enable the process of building and taking down the environment in the cloud. DevOps to compile and distribute software.
- To communicate and provide liaison between G&E, Imaging, and CI for systems design initiatives.
- To provide subject matter expertise to PGS business units and operations.
- To provide leadership with a combination of strong technical and soft skills to supervise engineers to ensure quality, efficiency and compliance with deployment procedures and installation guides.
- To design and deploy cloud environments for software development, and HPC operations, and generally assist any PGS business unit in their transition of systems to a cloud environment.
- To evaluate algorithms running in a cloud environment and recommend system optimizations.
Knowledge & Experience:
BSc degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or other relevant fields.
Ideally at least 3-5+ years' experience designing, executing and supporting IT cloud solutions.
- A solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experience designing and transferring applications to the cloud.
- Strong experience with containerization, preferably Kubernetes/Docker
- Ability to implement and operate Google Cloud Platform and services it provides
- Experience with configuration and orchestration tools (e.g., Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation, OpsWorks)
- Experience with developing and running microservices in Kubernetes infrastructure like Google Kubernetes Engine
- Linux and Unix system administration. In depth HPC hardware systems knowledge. Seismic processing software installation and configuration. Software development tools. Shell scripting languages. Some experience of software development and debugging.
- Networking skills
- Windows and Linux OS and command line experience
- Nice to Have the following:
- Experience in developing new deployment pipelines and processes from scratch
- Experience with hardening to meeting security standards
- Strong communication skills (Written, verbal and interpersonal) to lead and effectively engage stakeholders across multi-discipline to conceptualize best-fit solution from available technical options
- Be able to clearly articulate pros and cons and lead the team to right technology path
- Knowledge of GIT and repository tools and structures, best practices.
- Experience within agile environments
- Sense of urgency
- Contribute to a well-informed cloud strategy and the adaption process.
- Regularly evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software.
- Develop and organize cloud systems.
- Work closely with IT security to monitor and implement the company's cloud privacy.
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
- Provide 3rd level support to Operations engineers in maintaining the above.
Frequent interaction with system administrators, developers, users, vendors, business units and academia.