Test on python
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job type Contract
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support our cloud infrastructure to improve reliability, availability and security.
- Administer, maintain and support applications, and infrastructure deployed across Automatic Lab's microservices architecture.
- Perform a wide variety of software/hardware configuration/maintenance and operational support tasks of many diverse back-end systems, including, but not limited to, AWSinfrastructure, Postgres/SQL databases, and various application servers.
- Collaborate with various engineering peers to analyze, tune, and configure Automatic platform infrastructure and systems.
- Setup and maintain 24x7 monitoring of environments and services, working with development teams to ensure SLA uptime/stability.
- Ensure rotational coverage for various after-hours deployments/maintenance windows.
- None. This position is a hands-on individual contributor role, which includes expanded responsibilities surrounding all infrastructure support including applications, CI/CD systems, and DevOps infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information sciences technology or related fields or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of full-time software engineering experience in a production operations environment.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Requires a strong operations aptitude for multi-layered technical diagnostics triage, and a passion for building high-availability systems. Should have preferably worked previously in a production AWS environment performing such a role.
- Prior experience with agile DevOps practices building self-service "development systems" provisioning processes.
- Ability to design, implement and support solutions based on business needs, using industry professional and security best practices.
- Be self-motivated, and exhibit efficient planning and coordination skills.
- This position requires reasonable off-hours pager rotation availability, in order to support the platform availability and uptime requirements.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- 4+ years of experience with AWS infrastructure and engineering in a hands-on technical role.
- At least 3 years of xaaS Production experience with Configuration Management tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt) and infrastructure-as-code software, preferably Terraform
- 2+ years of experience building and supporting end-to-end CI/CD components delivering "no-downtime" Production releases.
- 4+ years of scripting experience with automation using Shell, Python, Perl.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure.
- Knowledge of production system basics which includes DNS, credential management, logging, cron, process management, and package management.
- Experience with xaaS Production and Configuration Management tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt) and infrastructure-as-code software, preferably Terraform.
- Scripting experience with automation tools -- Shell, Python and Perl.
- Postgres, SQL, and NoSQL Database knowledge is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with containerization platforms such as Kubernetes and Docker, and familiarity with microservices management a plus.