NetGO is seeking a Senior Cloud/Network Engineer to join the team in Rockville, MD.
The role of Cloud/Infrastructure Engineer is to help the client to maintain the current network and cloud infrastructure. The position will interface with clients, support their systems both on-premises and in the cloud. The role requires wide breadth of knowledge and willingness to learn through formal and hands-on training. This is a client-facing position and excellent communication skills are essential.
- Interface with customers, vendors, and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements relating to the Network and cloud infrastructure.
- Responsible to configure, test and produce low level and high-level documentation of the deployment within the stipulated time frame.
- Works closely with the Project Manager to establish and deliver consistent technical direction, collect and analyze performance metrics, establish and enforce service level agreement
- Document engineering standards and proposals, leads or assists in the development of security architecture/engineering designs, changes, and configuration management.
- Configure eFAX system for client to migrate manual FAX to electronic fax. Design including integration with Cisco VoIP system using T.38, H.323 and G.711 protocols.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills in addition to the ability to effectively manage and prioritize individual projects and tasks. Possess superior written and oral communication skills. Solid vendor management skills are required.
Required Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of enterprise scale Network operations experience; Routers, Switches and Load Balancers
- 2+ years of hands-on operational experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS Certification a strong plus.
- Proficient with deployment and management of AWS services - including but not limited to: VPC, Route 53, ELB, EBS, EC2, S3
- Hands-on AWS experience deploying, configuring, and Managing AWS Network Technologies – Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Regions, Availability Zones, Subnets, Route Tables, Internet Gateways, Elastic IPs, NAT Gateways, Network ACLs, Security Groups, VPGs, VPNs, Elastic Load Balancers, AWS Certificate Manager, Flow Logs, CloudFormation, and Direct Connect.
- Experience with VoIP system in an enterprise network, including H.323 and/or Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) technology
- Demonstrated proficiency in network administration in large datacenter environment – DNS/DHCP, Load Balancing (F5 Networks, AWS ELB), Firewalls (Cisco Systems, Juniper Networks), IDS/IPS, IPSEC VPN)
- In-depth knowledge of and experience implementing dynamic IP routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS)
- Excellent network latency analysis, performance monitoring and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience, with a minimum of 8-10 years of hands-on experience in the implementation and administration of complex, multi-location, multi-vendor, converged voice/data networks in a geographically distributed environment
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate