Cloud Lead Platform Automation Engineer The Team:
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our clients' end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients by improving agility and resilience, while identifying opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation. We advance our clients toward a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators, to achieve their vision.
Do you want to be at the forefront of making National impacts on Cloud? We're looking for exceptional platform engineers to help address our clients' most complex challenges with Cloud technology.
As a Lead Platform Automation Engineer,
- You'll work within our Software Factory innovation center to create strategic Cloud Platforms with empowered teams and adaptive mindsets. You'll create value through platforms and services that simplifies and speeds the delivery of software applications by software application teams. As lead platform engineer, you'll implement leading cloud native and multi-cloud platforms implementing Infrastructure-as-Code, Kubernetes, and Zero Trust architecture. You'll apply Site Reliability Engineering and chaos testing to create resilient and scalable platforms. You'll support client delivery teams across our public sector market that spans Health, Education, Citizen Services and Defense missions. You'll keep pace with leading Cloud, DevSecOps, Containerization, Kubernetes and Site Reliability Engineering skills as you further specialize.
- You will lead and take part in the entire cycle of cloud platform engineering and development from architecture, hands-on implementation, documentation, and support
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced team members applying your technical knowledge, paired-development, and technical leadership skills
- You will design and engineer Government cloud platforms using Infrastructure-as-Code, GitOps, and containerization with backing support for microservice and serverless solutions
- You will create cloud platforms that simplify and speed lean, agile, DevSecOps practices to improve software delivery speed, security and stability
- Work in a highly-collaborative, diverse, product-focused team environment to build innovative solutions with experimentation and learning experiences
- Utilize the latest technology thinking and products from our Deloitte Tech Trends industry insights
- Experience in communicating and collaborating with senior technical experts inside Deloitte and within the cloud, open-source industry
- 3+ years leading cloud platform implementations on any combination of AWS, Azure, Google
- 2+ year experience with containerization and container orchestration platforms (Kubernetes) and exposure to the Open Container Initiative
- 5+ years of designing and creating cloud automation with cloud native automation, Terraform and Ansible
- 3+ years' experience with cloud operations: monitoring, elastic computing, performance tuning, cloud cost management
- 2+ years' experience with AWS/Azure landing zones with Cloud k8s via Terraform or Ansible at FedRAMP/FISMA or DoD Cloud secure architectures.
- 2+ years' experience with secrets and certificate management and automation
- 2+ years' experience in Golang programming for advanced cloud automation
- 1+ years' experience in implementing the Kubernetes Operator Framework
- 2+ years' experience in service mesh technologies
How you'll grow
- Bachelor's degree, preferably Science, Technology, Engineering and Math major
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Ability to obtain a US Government Security clearance, if needed.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.