CGI Federal is seeking an experienced Cloud Migration Project Manager looking for an opportunity to join an emerging technologies practice focused on delivering cloud solutions and services for the premiere cloud service providers. The Cloud Migration Project Manager has the overall responsibility of designing and executing cloud migration strategy solutions with the client, cross-service teams, and third party partners.
The ideal candidate has experience working with mass migration technology and Cloud Service Provider (CSP) native tools managing on-prem-to-cloud and cloud-to-cloud automated migrations. The Cloud Migration Project Manager works closely with our IT Modernization consultants, cloud solution architects and cloud engineers in translating client IT strategic goals, roadmaps, and business requirements into future state architectures designed to leverage the cutting edge functionality delivered through commercial and private cloud service providers. The candidate's experience working with discovery tool based recommendations for application dependency mappings and migration move groups has led to highly collaborative architecture design efforts, which follow standards and processes as part of successful migration frameworks. The candidate is seasoned in executing migration strategies and manages the execution of those strategies to system hand-off for steady state activities. A Cloud Migration
Specialist understands the adoption challenges in migrating on-prem application portfolios and bridges the gaps during the migration strategy design process. This candidate is passionate about taking on a client's mission as a driver for managing people, timelines, and tasks in order to deliver dynamic migrations that continue to evolve in method and strategy.
This candidate has an established background in traditional hosted, or outsourced, transition projects for n-tier enterprise architectures. The candidate has the ability to direct project managers, technical resources and external resources assigned to the Transition and Transformation engagements. Furthermore, the Cloud Migration Specialist, has experience in using project management tools (e.g., MS Project, MS Visio), templates and processes to manage the delivery of cloud migration program/projects.
The candidate seeks to be an integral part of the Migration Services team by participating in continuous improvement planning to maintain the growth of the Migration Framework. Additionally, the Cloud Migration Specialist will be joining a highly integrated team of self-motivators to achieve the common goal of building an extremely successful and results-driven Cloud Delivery practice. It's important the candidate shares the mission and purpose to deliver the highest client satisfaction in every facet of the job. Your future duties and responsibilities
Strategy & Solution
- Deliver cloud migration strategies leveraging mass migration technology and methodologies for hosted, or outsourced, architectures with full understanding of the underlying infrastructure services and technologies
- Design migration strategies that incorporate client specific approaches driven by business and technical requirements
- Design migration strategies, taking into consideration client business and technical roadmaps, data migration approaches, training and hand-off activities required to cutover and normalize operations activities.
- Participate in pre-sales and business development efforts providing writing support for proposals and presentation decks.
- Support the discovery activities and architecture assessments providing critical data and information for the transition and transformation strategies
- Direct the implementation and configuration of migration tools from demo and pilot efforts to full-scale enterprise level phased migrations.
- Responsible for delivering migrations within schedule, scope and budget as designed in the migration strategies.
- Create best practice detailed migration plans utilizing work breakdown structure to establish critical path, agreed upon milestones/deliverables, and resource plans according to the cloud migration strategy
- Naturally drive transparency into the communication channel from engineers to executives.
- Prepare executive reports and present to Senior IT Management (both client and internal)
- Lead identification of risks, actions, and issues through proactive communication and collaboration with stakeholders and various teams
- Lead rapid migration approaches for cloud based solutions utilizing agile project management approaches
- Lead Steady State Hand-Off activities utilizing previous experience in service delivery management of operations support for hosted applications
- Adhere to the CGI Transition ITIL and CMMI based processes and standards for delivering consistent quality of service
- Ensure your program/projects are auditable (CGI quality processes applied).
- Proactively participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Establish critical client and internal relations to navigate opposition to change using emotional intelligence and superb proactive communication skills
- Establish accountability for all key members delivering to milestones and deliverables
- Lead cloud migration projects by managing stakeholders and various support teams that are geographically dispersed Required qualifications to be successful in this role
-8+ years of experience in IT
-5+ years of recent experience in Cloud IT transition, transformation, and migration management, preferably with mass migrations technology.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
* ITIL V3 Certified
* Mass Migration Tool
* Agile Project Management (e.g., Jira/Confluence/MS Project)
* AWS/MS Azure Certifications
* Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
* Platform as a Service (PaaS)
* Software as a Service (SaaS)
* Cloud Management
*LI-TC1 At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 65,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless
the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.