Cloud Native Engineer
We're looking for exceptional problem-solvers to help address our clients' most compelling Cloud needs. You will work alongside top engineers and technical thought leaders building Cloud solutions helping shape the future of global enterprises. You will be at the heart of technical solutions and leading-edge product development. Work you'll do
Lead/support implementation of cloud-native platforms and Agile application development technologies in areas of software development, integration and test of software applications and infrastructure. The Cloud Native Engineer will be primarily responsible for utilizing technical skills to coordinate enhancements and deployment efforts and to provide insight and recommendations for implementing client solutions. Engineers will work closely with other cloud teams, project managers, engineers and other functions. Responsibilities include:
- Working closely with developer teams to create an automated CI/CD pipeline
- Implementing build, deployment and monitoring standards for the client
- Delivering end-to-end automation of deployment, monitoring and infrastructure management in a cloud environment
- Creating scripts and/or templates to automate and/or bootstrap infrastructure provisioning and management tasks
- Building and configuring delivery environments supporting CI/CD tools using an Agile delivery methodology
- Providing knowledge of container management tools (e.g. Docker, OpenShift), container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes), infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Ansible, CloudFormation), and have familiarity with modern build experience tools (e.g. Maven) and cloud integration systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Understand static code analysis, unit testing and test-driven development, security testing and automated test frameworks
- Understand object-oriented programming (i.e. emphasis in Java) and have familiarity with source control systems (emphasis on Git)
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators. Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor's degree
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for this role
- 2+ years of experience using CI/CD tools for automation
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need
for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- 2+ years of software development or testing experience within an Agile environment
- 2+ years of knowledge and experience with container management tools (Docker, Openshift), Container orchestration (Kubernetes), Infrastructure-as-code IaaS (Ansible, CloudFormation).
- 2+ years with modern build experience tools (Maven) and cloud integration systems (Jenkins)
- 3+ years of experience with object-oriented programming (Java) and familiarity with source control systems (Git)
- 2+ years of experience with static code analysis, unit testing and test-driven development, security testing and automated test frameworks.
- Certifications one or more: Google - Professional Data Engineer; AWS - Developer - Associate; Azure - MCSA: Cloud Platform (Development Focus)