The Cloud Native Computing Team (CNCT) is an applied research and development organization focused on cloud native technologies, such as Kubernetes and the surrounding ecosystem. The R&D is focused on technologies and solutions that can be leveraged by the Samsung Cloud business units, for example to operate Kubernetes, and organizations migrating to cloud native approaches and operating their applications.
Want to develop next-gen cloud native solutions that can be applied to real world situations?
We are seeking a highly motivated engineer to join us in the development of cloud native solutions and technologies.
We are seeking software engineers with a passion for highly automated solutions in support of rapid application development and deployment.
Our strategy is based on open source, so we are seeking engineers with demonstrated experience in contribution to open source, either personally or professionally.
- Development of software solutions based on research and user needs. We are an applied research organization focused on meeting real world situations.
- CI/CD pipeline development and integration: We believe this is fundamental to the development of solutions and automation, and want all of our engineers to participate.
- Test automation development work (unit, functional, integration, e2e): All systems coming from our team require everyone on the team participate in test development. QA and testing is everyone's job.
- Contribution and participation in open source projects: Our systems are heavily dependent on open source, and our strategy includes active open source development - You will be representing Samsung in open source communities.
- Design and develop services and applications to support system and cluster management.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Must have knowledge and experience in Cloud Native technologies such as Kubernetes, Helm, and Istio.
- Must have experience in Linux-based systems
- Must have excellent written and communication skills and capable of writing and delivering both presentations and technical papers.
- Must have practical experience contributing to an open source project.
- Must have a working knowledge the tools and frameworks utilized by the project the candidate has contributed to.
- Practical experience building systems on a public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCE, etc.) is required.
- Experience with Data pipelines, sinks and analytics using Elastic search and/or Prometheus
- Block and object storage systems for VM/container systems
- Be able to take a project from scoping requirements to launch
- Container and/or VM orchestration tooling
- System integration and distributed system debugging
- Microservices design and development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field is preferred
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, 401k, Paid Time Off (PTO)