My client, a NYC based Investment Bank, is looking to hire a VP (full time / no visa transfers accepted) with Cloud Operations experience to implement and support their Public Cloud-based solutions. The ideal candidate should be self-driven and can apply extensive SRE knowledge and experience. The candidate should have strong technical, functional and analytical skills with good experience of automation and supporting critical infrastructure in AWS . This role is remote currently but candidates should be local to the NYC office.
The position contributes directly to the cloud architecture/platform offering and supports development of Cloud-based applications, drives implementations and serves as a Subject Matter Expert to users across Infrastructure, Platform, and Software as a Service (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS). They provide internal partners the ability to progress their Cloud program and enables IT teams to blueprint applications and modernize some or all components of their applications, reduce dependency on the legacy infrastructure with the goal of reducing overall datacenter footprint, and reduce infrastructure costs to the business, having a positive impact on the firm's bottom line.
The role serves as a technical implementer and support of new Cloud technologies and relevant services. The candidate the client is looking for will be:
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing/automating administrative and operational tasks based on requests or issues identified by the operations team or users.
- Supporting end-to-end private cloud releases.
- Responding to infrastructure issues.
- Implementing new environments and functionality with guidance from the Engineering group and improving existing processes with agile development methods.
- Have proficient communication, as well as creative use of available tools to efficiently produce solutions in the cloud technology space.
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB:
- Deliver Private Cloud projects/initiatives coordinating with Cloud Engineering groups with transparent planning and reporting.
- Develop/maintain scripts and tools to automate common tasks and resolve technical problems using Agile development methods.
- Optimize existing cloud systems and evolve by pushing changes to improve reliability while maintaining deployment velocity.
- Provide technical knowledge/support to user community (infrastructure teams/application owners), to improve system resiliency.
- Act with a sense of urgency when issues arise, engage relevant parties for troubleshooting and investigating of problems.
- Investigate/determine root causes for major incidents with vendors and internal infrastructure teams, providing a detailed RCA and plan for remediation.
- Provide guidance/expertise for implementing application requirements, use of best practices and engineering recommendations.
- Work in hybrid environment with applications being hosted internally and on cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, or Google).
- Work collaboratively and effectively with peers, management, and leadership teams.
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS:
- 5+years of automation experience in cloud-based environment.
- 3+ years of system administration of Linux/Windows/Network in a production support environment.
- Strong understanding of SSO, DNS, LDAP, TCP/IP.
- 5+ years working on a Cloud Provider Service (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, etc.) related projects.
- 3+ years of experience with public and private cloud technology.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Automation technologies to build, deploy, and integrate both infrastructure and applications (e.g., CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible).
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting VPCs to ensure the platform is secure, efficient and does not deviate from spec.
- Cloud Automation and scripting with Python or PowerShell especially for AWS (boto library).
- Agile Development methodologies and SRE principles.
- Distributed source code repositories (e.g., Git).
- Issue/problem tracking systems (e.g., Jira).
- Cloud delivery, security, and deployment models for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings.
- Debugging, optimizing code, and automating routine tasks.
- Container strategies and orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Understand current and emerging technologies.
- Financial Services industry experience.
- Can work in a fast paced and challenging technical environment.
- Advanced degree in Management, Information Technology, or Computer Science or equivalent work experience.