What You'll Do
Who You'll Work With
- Create and/or improve the tools that provide insight into availability and performance of our Spark micro-services
- Create and deliver automation software required for improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of our services
- Solve problems related to these mission critical services and build automation to pro-actively detect and prevent their reoccurrences along with driving down time to resolution
- Share in the creation of new designs and architectures for multi-region, multi- datacenter distributed systems
- Collaborate with application engineering teams in solving business needs with our services
- Partake in the periodic on-call duties for provided services
Cisco's Cloud Engineering and Operations Group is looking for highly motivated Operations engineers to join the Common Identity team in building and deploying our cloud based services targeted at large Enterprise and SMB customers. The Common Identity team is primarily responsible for running the day to day operations of CI platform in the cloud. An ideal candidate will work within a small agile DevOps team to perform deployment of code and provide operational support for servers in multiple data center. If you enjoy working with a fast paced, dynamic operations environment with geographically distributed teams, we would like to talk to you! Who You Are
We are seeking a DevOps professional or Software Engineer who is passionate about developing automation software to automate infrastructure provisioning, scalability and code deployment of enterprise cloud microservices.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of technical hands-on role
- Experience in one or more languages of Python, Ruby, Java, or Go
- Basic networking skills and familiarity with Unix/Linux systems including CLI used in checking component status and logs.
- Capable of technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems and storage, yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold your own in a strategy discussion with executives and business partners.
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing global scale distributed systems
- In-Depth knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies with Jenkins and others (hudson and AntHillPro)
- Knowledge of open source technologies such as Docker, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Redis, Cassandra, Consul, Nginx, HAProxy, and ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- ""Cloud"" (using IaaS and PaaS) experience desirable
- Configuration management experience with Puppet, Chef or Ansible
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco. *LI-TC1 dicedev #GD2015