Healthcare's helping hand.
CHG shook things up in 1979 by inventing the locum tenens staffing model. We connect doctors with patients who need their care. As the largest physician staffing firm in America, our providers treat millions of patients each year.
Our industry is growing and demand is high. This means you'll have plenty of opportunities to grow and develop in your career. Keeping healthcare healthy can be as fun as it is rewarding.
As a Cloud Operations Engineer, you will help build and administer CHG's cloud infrastructure with a focus on implementation, automation, monitoring, support, and documentation of public and private cloud solutions. You will be responsible for deploying and debugging cloud stacks, educating teams on new cloud initiatives, and ensuring the security of the cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate is experienced in cloud-based tech, with a firm grasp of emerging technologies, platforms, and applications, and ability to customize them to help our business become more secure and efficient.Your role:
- Build trust across functional areas of responsibility by working closely with team members in Systems Engineering, Development, Platform and Security.
- Support cloud infrastructure that houses applications and platform components on private or public (AWS) clouds.
- Work with our development and engineering teams to plan and migrate on-premise applications to cloud platforms.
- Implement new cloud-based initiatives, support on-going cost reduction and performance enhancement efforts.
- Work with Operations leadership to continue developing CHG's cloud strategy.
- Provide technical support to other team members, with a pro team attitude.
Education & Experience
- Design, build, configure, document, and deploy cloud infrastructure and systems.
- Develop, manage, and test Infrastructure as Code using Terraform, Git, and other tools.
- Support, monitor, optimize, and troubleshoot infrastructure with a focus on automated solutions.
- Proven ability to mentor and help upskill other members of the team.
- Identify and customize cloud platforms to scale our infrastructure to the cloud in an efficient and secure manner.
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Intermediate programming/scripting experience.
- Intermediate knowledge in configuration management and deployment automation (e.g. SALT, Ansible, Terraform).
- Understanding of networking concepts and design (e.g. TCP/IP stack, Sub-netting, VLANS, DNS, DHCP).
- Demonstrable experience with Monitoring and Logging platforms (e.g. LogicMonitor, DataDog, Elasticsearch etc.).
- BS degree in technical field or equivalent work experience designing, implementing, and supporting enterprise private and public cloud infrastructure.
- 3-5 years of increasing experience and knowledge in the installation, configuration, design, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting of an enterprise datacenter.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a cloud environment (AWS Preferred)
In return, we offer:
- Advanced understanding of virtual infrastructure, cloud-native applications, networks, firewalls, load balancers, etc.
- Experience managing and configuring AWS cloud infrastructure and associated technologies in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to demonstrate the application of AWS well-architected framework.
- Competitive pay
- Flexible work schedules - including work from home options available
- 401 (k) retirement plan
- Healthcare coverage with corporate wellness program
- Free health center and health coaching for employees and dependents
- 18 days of PTO your first year and paid holidays
- Up to 16 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Award-winning training and development programs
Click here to learn more about our company and culture.
To have your resume reviewed by Talent Acquisition, click "Apply" at the top of the screen. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity EmployerVeterans/DisabledWe are an at-will employer#Mid