The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Cloud Operations VMWare Engineer. This position is located in Pleasanton, California
The Cloud Operations VMWare Engineer is a highly technical role responsible for running and managing Albertsons private cloud and hybrid cloud infrastructure. The candidate will have in depth understanding of converged and hybrid cloud infrastructure technologies. The desired candidate will be able to interface with both cloud technical teams and across IT and business organizations. She/he is viewed as a technical resource and/or subject matter expert by peers within IT. Experience and knowledge will be used to perform predictive analysis, performance analysis, monitor systems, identify root cause, implement short and long-term solutions, and must be able to guide others in adaptive problem solving.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The candidate will provide hands-on technical management of Albertsons private cloud infrastructure and responsible for:
- Leading and managing the administrative and design tasks for the virtualized server infrastructure, leveraging industry standard orchestration and automation tools.
- Administration of virtualized platforms, networking and security solutions, following through with configuration, testing, and installation.
- Assist with migration plans and operational best practice guidelines based on business or technical requirements.
- Participate in engineering discussions to understand business and technical objectives, following project requirements, to develop effective solutions
- Daily oversite of all things VxBlock and Enterprise Hybrid Cloud services, leveraging element tools such as VCE Vision, UCS Manager, Log Insight, Network Insight, vROPS, RP4VM, vCcenter Health.
- Assist in support of the automation workflow in ServiceNow and vRA.
- Ideal candidates will have a senior level experience in Data Center Virtualization and Architecture/Design Concepts.
- Specific areas of focus should include:
- Design, Implementation and Troubleshooting VMware ESXI 6.5/6.0/5.5 Hosts, VMware vSphere, Vcenter, VRealize Suite, Vrealize Operations.
- Experienced in administration of cisco UCS chassis, HP Blade server creating profiles, templates, and organization, installing ESXI.
- Strong familiarity with scripting (Unix Shell / PowerCLI / PowerShell / PERL / Python / XML Scripting)
- Experience with storage products EMC VMAX, VNX, XtremeIO, STORAGE ARRAY
- Strong ability to document completely and accurately at all levels of solution development and implementation
- Strong understanding of Service Desk, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration Management and Computer Operations IT disciplines
- Results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for action
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills are essential
- Genuine desire to provide superior customer service
- Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis
- High degree of initiative and sense of urgency
- Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous initiatives of which he/she will apply their applicable business, technical and system functionality background
- Prior experience as a Sr. Engineer for medium to large IT projects
- Key Technology Differentiators for the role:
- Vmware NSX
- Dell/EMC VxBlock
- Cisco UCS
- Vmware ESXi
- vRealize Cloud Suite
- RecoverPoint virtual edition RP4VM
- Vmware vCenter
- B.S./B.A. degree or equivalent technical training and certification