Cloud Ops Engineer
Deloitte Consulting's Products & Solutions (P&S) practice develops products that augment our leading services practice and strike at the heart of our clients' business needs. Deloitte's commitment to innovation is inspiring our clients to new possibilities; our asset-based consulting agenda is designed to deliver tangible results in the near-term and sustainable competitive advantage for years to come.
Are you looking for an organization with startup spirit or enterprise strength? Now you can have both! We are looking for talented individuals with an innovative mindset and technical skillset to join our growing team. Work you'll do
The Cloud Ops Engineer will be responsible for design and deployment of scalable, reliable and secure cloud infrastructure. This individual must have a thorough understanding and experience with AWS, GCP. Azure is a plus. Must be an innovative problem solver, and visionary. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge in cloud architectures and operations procedures. The Cloud OPS Engineer will be focused on the following activities:
- Configuration, and implementation of cloud hosting environments, which will primarily focus on client facing workloads
- Coordinating deployments with project teams and collogues
- Provide support of multiple cloud environments, including Azure, AWS, & GCP. This includes Principles and for scalable, secure infrastructure across the multiple providers.
- Researching and evaluating the latest cloud technologies, tools, and capabilities to improve operational efficiencies and provide new services
- Contribute to the development and implement the strategy to automate deployments wherever possible
- Work with architects and operations staff
- Work with engineering and project teams to onboard cloud solutions
- Work with application owners, and solution groups to ensure proper architecture, function, and security standards are being followed for client projects and solutions in Deloitte's hosting ecosystem
- Provide cloud costing, cloud resource pricing and RFP response for client projects and solutions in Deloitte's hosting ecosystems
Deloitte Innovation & Platforms is an organization within Deloitte Consulting with the goal of building a culture of continuous innovation to drive profitable revenue through the identification, incubation, and actualization of breakthrough ideas in assets-based client offerings. The Cloud Hosting Infrastructure Team architects, deploys, and supports the cloud environments through the entire project lifecycle.Qualifications
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience in a large, diverse, cloud/virtualization environment
- Bachelor-level degree in engineering, information technology, data communications, telecommunications, computer science, or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications. Certifications in cloud technologies preferred
- Demonstrate expert experience with architecting, implementing, administering, and securing multi-tenant/vendor cloud environment
- Experienced in IaaS technologies such as EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, Elastic Load Balancing, beanstalk
- Experienced in management tools such as IAM, KMS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Quickstart, CloudTrail, Config, and Service Catalog
- Experience with networking and security in a multi-tenant environment including NACLs, security groups, VPC peering, the transitive networking model, & Route 53
- Experience with virtual devices such as firewalls, ELB, VPG, & internet gateways.
- Design and Deployment experience in Red Hat & SUSE, and Windows.
- Expert in Azure, AWS, and GCP cloud computing technologies. Knowledge in other technologies such as Kubernetes, and native cloud services
- Knowledge of full lifecycle management of environments from deployment, through maintenance, to decommission
- Ability to work with service providers to enable managed services and new technologies. Strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and issue management skills in a multi-platform environment
- Experience in working with on-shore, off-shore teams
- Demonstrated experience leading projects, interpreting project requirements and working directly with clients to develop customized solutions
- Knowledge of emerging cloud technology solutions, industry trends, and progressive operations methodology.
- Preferred ability and discipline to work and succeed in a fast pace and organizationally complex environment, to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology, and to lead and manage projects
- Excellent oral and written communications ability. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Certifications in cloud technologies preferred
- Other operating systems on top of RedHat and Windows are a plus
- In Addition to AWS & GCP, knowledge in other cloud technologies such as Azure is a plus.
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.