The Business Entity:
Collaboration Technology Group (CTG) is #1 global leader in collaboration technologies, which provides best-in-class integrated collaboration solutions that redefine collaboration experience . Cisco collaboration solutions span a wide variety of solutions and technologies, including Cloud Collaboration Services, SaaS Offerings, Hosted Collaboration Solutions, and Premise solutions, Endpoints, Video, Presence, Conferencing, Customer Care and Unified Communications.
Cisco’s CCBU (Customer Care Business Unit) is an industry leader in Customer Care solutions and is growing its Cloud SaaS engineering teams. The teams work in a high performing agile environment with the latest in cloud development technologies and practices, including continuous delivery, continuous integration, test-driven development and PaaS based development for a public cloud based 24x7 customer care solution. Articulate the next generation of Customer Care SaaS Solutions with us that will fundamentally change the way companies interact with their customers and will transform this multi-billion-dollar industry. Come, envision, influence and implement the future of customer care with us.
Role and Responsibilities:
Work with a fast-paced, high performance team to produce a well-managed, monitored, and resilient Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution for a cloud-scale application. You will:
· Work within a small Agile team developing and supporting our PaaS and IaaS platform and cloud applications.
· Create repeatable tools and processes to manage and monitor the PaaS and IaaS platform and cloud applications.
· Solve business needs by evaluating and leveraging different technologies and vendor products.
· Troubleshoot systems and solve problems across platform and application domains.
· Participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer-facing issues.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
· BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) and 2+ years of hands-on cloud platform development and deployment experience.
· Proven experience building and scaling data services (e.g. Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Redis, Vault).
· Experience delivering always-on customer focused applications (i.e. online 24x7x365).
· Understanding of operations concepts, such as alerting, monitoring, logging and health checks.
· Familiarity with cloud infrastructure services such as AWS, OpenStack, Cloud Foundry, Heroku, or similar.
· Experience with automation and configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Jenkins.
· Understanding of security concepts and technologies.
· Familiarity with Docker/containerization tools and CI/CD pipeline development.
· Working knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems.
· Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with likeminded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.