Cox Communications is now hiring for a Cloud Python engineer
for their Cox2M business line. Cox2M is a new Internet of Things (IoT) business line venture within Cox Communications established in 2018. The Cox2M Team's mission is to unleash the true potential of a connected world by enabling complete asset tracking and monitoring solutions, giving businesses and communities the data and tools they need to improve processes, realize operational efficiencies, and deliver better experiences to customers and residents. You'll be part of the Cox2M's Technology and Product team, working with a dynamic team of professional intrapreneurs who are passionate about solving customer needs using disruptive technologies. Visit www.cox2m.com to learn more. About the job:
Join the technology and product team of a dynamic, fast paced, venture where you will help lead the deployment and development of our LPWA Networks. Cox2M delivers end to end ground breaking solutions to a diverse set of customers in target verticals such as automotive, smart communities and agriculture. The Product and Technology team is responsible for delivering solutions from conceptualization to launch and post-launch performance, spanning varying hardware, networks, platform and UIs. As an experienced Cloud Python engineer you will help lead the development, expansion, and management of our LPWA Networks. Deploying and managing Low Power, Wide Area networks has been a critical competency for Cox2M ensuring we can continue to deliver disruptive and cost effective solutions at scale. This position reports to the Cox2M Head of Product, Technology, and Innovation. Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Qualifications: Minimum :
- Oversee the design, development, and expansion of the Cox2M LPWA network.
- Develop tools to streamline management and troubleshooting.
- Automate the expansion and onboarding of new networks and sensors.
- Manage the implementation of new network features against the overall Cox2M roadmap.
- Partner with the Directors of Hardware & Development, as well as the Cox2M infrastructure operations team, to manage roadmap interdependencies and critical path items.
- Develop a hardening and scaling strategy for our current network capabilities.
- Research and source additional network capabilities to help build a risk mitigation strategy
- BS/BA degree in related discipline desired (Engineering, Computer Science, Analytics etc.).
- 4 or more years in software development
- Demonstratable proficiency with Linux & Linux system administration
- Extensive experience with Postgresql
- Experience building out system metric monitoring with Prometheus or similar
- Experience building out alerting systems like PagerDuty or OpsGenie
- Hands-on experience with the following: AWS, GCP, Azure, CircleCI, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with LPWA (eg, LoRa, LTE-M, NB-IoT, etc) Network Servers preferred
- Experience in telecommunications, automotive, supply chain or high-tech environment
- Prior start-up experience strongly preferred.
Who We Are About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.