Unanticipated risks have great consequences for clients. That's especially true today as new risks and complexities brought on by regulatory mandates, rapidly evolving technologies, and the digitalization of business operations are disrupting traditional business models. Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory's Hybrid-Operate teams deliver next-generation managed services and advanced technology products to help organizations solve complex problems on a long-term basis. Teams do this by bringing together advanced analytics, robust domain knowledge and experience, and strong technology products to help clients monitor, manage, and measure their operational environment for risk.
If you are seeking a role that works with clients supporting their cloud security needs in your day-to-day routine while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory's Cyber practice may be the place for you.Work you will do
In the role of the Solution Delivery Advisor, you will execute on cloud security engagements during different phases of the lifecycle - assessment, design, implementation, and post-implementation reviews. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as a subject matter expert on cloud cyber risk for at least one of the leading cloud platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure/ Office 365, Google Cloud Platform, Alibaba Cloud, Oracle Cloud).
- Guide clients on their transition from on-premise security technologies to cloud-native options (e.g., Azure Sentinel, Azure Monitor) and assist clients with the deployment of cloud-native and third-party technologies to secure cloud platforms, including cloud access security broker (CASB), cloud workload protection (CWP), and cloud security platform management (CSPM) solutions.
- Assist in conducting cloud security assessments and provide recommendations on required configurations for client cloud platforms (such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Alibaba Cloud, Oracle Cloud) and environments based on Deloitte's Cloud Cyber Risk Framework. This can include cloud-native or third-party solutions including directory services (e.g., LDAP, Azure Active Directory (AAD)), infrastructure (compute/networking/storage) services, data protection services, security monitoring, logging, PaaS services, and SaaS services (e.g., 0ffice 365).
- Provide technical security support for cloud-native and third-party security services and resolve service-related issues through research, troubleshooting, and working with cloud service providers and third-party security solution vendors.
- Support proof-of-concept and production deployments of cloud technologies.
- Perform technical health checks for cloud platforms/environments prior to broader deployment and assist clients with configuration of cloud platform scanning tools, and delivery of cloud security and compliance reports.
- Understand and support cloud platform-specific security policies, standards, and procedures for management group and account/subscription management and configuration (e.g. Azure Policy, Azure Security Center, AWS Config), identity management and access control, firewall management, auditing and monitoring, security incident and event management, data protection, user and administrator account management, SSO, conditional access controls and password/secrets management.
- Troubleshoot problems with cloud infrastructure (e.g., domain name service, virtual network peering, dedicated cloud connectivity services - Azure ExpressRoute, AWS DirectConnect, Google Cloud Dedicated Interconnect) and resources (e.g., virtual machines, virtual networks, cloud databases) in a multi-cloud vendor environment and document technical platform issues, analysis, client communication, and resolution as part of cyber risk mitigation steps.
- Assist in developing and analyzing security-related metrics
- Assist in developing and updating processes and procedures with a focus on automation
- Provide internal cloud security technical training to Advisory personnel as needed.
- Support the team on proposals, whitepapers, proof of concepts, technical eminence materials and firm initiatives.
- Serve as a mentor to Analyst staff
The successful Business Solution Associate will demonstrate:
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment where organizational skills are essential.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, interpersonal, and ownership skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills with a wide variety of internal team members.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
Deloitte Advisory's Cloud Cyber team helps complex organizations more confidently pursue their growth, innovation and performance agendas through proactive management of the associated cyber risks. The Cloud Security team works on the front lines with our clients supporting them with their cloud security needs to securely navigate their journey to the cloud on the leading cloud platforms, by implementing industry leading practices around cyber risks and cloud security for clients.Qualifications
- BA/BS Degree is required. Ideally in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Security, Engineering, Information Technology.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Ability to travel 10% (While the ability to travel up to 10% is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Training or working experience in at least one of the areas listed below.
- Technical knowledge of at least one cloud platform in security or infrastructure implementation and operations.
- 1+ years hands-on technical experience with infrastructure systems such as networking (e.g. WAF, Firewall and load balancing), operating systems, SCCM and endpoint engineering, and infrastructure automation implementation or operations.
- 1+ years' experience with Cloud Identity and Access management solutions in implementation and operations.
- Cyber Security Operations support
- 1+ years working knowledge of different Cloud platforms (Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)) and environments (Public, Private, Hybrid) in a security role.
- 2+ years of hands-on technical experience enterprise-level security incident and event management (SIEM) implementation or operations.
- Experience with JSON, Python, XML and ability to write cloud automation scripts desired.
- Certifications such as: CCSP, AWS Certified Security, Microsoft Azure Security, Azure Security Engineer Associate
- AWS Certified Architect, Microsoft new role-based certifications (Azure), Google Cloud Platform Cloud Architect, Google Cloud Platform Cloud Security Engineer CCSP, CISSP.
- Knowledge of security and privacy-related industry standards and frameworks (e.g., ISO 27001/2, NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, CSA CCM) is a plus.
- Experience with IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling concepts - (Focus on cloud native networking, Palo Alto and Cisco DMVPN).
- Experience with concepts and tools such as Centrify, MFA, McAfee AV, Tenable/Nessus, Trend Micro, Splunk, STIG Hardening.
- Experience with Security Governance solutions like Redlock or Prisma.
- Previous Consulting experience