IAM Architect - Advanced
Location: Open (Remote)
The Richmond Fed is the proud home of the Federal Reserve’s National IT organization—a nationwide team delivering technology solutions and support across the Federal Reserve System. Many National IT employees are located in Richmond, while others are based across the U.S. at other Federal locations.
When you join our team, you’ll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better.
Bring your passion and we’ll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It’s all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work!
About the Opportunity
The National IT FedNow department has an immediate opening for an IAM Architect (Cloud), reporting to the Assistant Vice President.
The Federal Reserve is developing a new interbank 24x7x365 real-time gross settlement (RTGS) service with integrated clearing functionality, called the FedNow service. This service will help enable financial institutions provide their customers with the ability to send and receive payments any time, any day, and have full access to those funds within seconds. This position is a unique opportunity to be part of a new mission-critical Federal Reserve initiative that will be transformative to the payments landscape in the United States.
The IAM Architect designs varying levels of complex frameworks to support system-wide security and technical architecture requirements. Defines processes for security platforms, system specifications, and technical and business compatibility. Identifies, analyzes and resolves design weaknesses. Works with management in carrying out strategic initiatives focused on designing, planning, developing and synchronizing strategic technological directives and implementation recommendations.
This is an Advanced-level position that is recognized as a high-level contributor and subject matter expert in field.
What You Will Do:
1) Oversees and directs major, critical and emerging technology efforts. Assesses merit and impact; designs, develops and establishes architecture standards.
2) Oversees and directs security discussions for both a technical and management audience.
3) Partners with our clients and other resources in detecting critical security architecture and infrastructure gaps or deficiencies in the IT environment. Recommends and implements solutions for improvement.
4) Recommends and implements changes to business information and technical architecture requirements.
5) Initiates and oversees project development, system design/testing, requirement direction and investigation of alternatives for implementation of feasible new technology.
6) Provides key consultative leadership on System projects focused on planning, development and implementation of strategic security directives.
7) Provides strategic foresight and long-term development planning for future technology impacting the Federal Reserve System.
8) Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge: Advanced knowledge pertaining to concepts and principles in Identity and Access Management. Preferred experience in the following areas:
• Message Signing
• Active Directories, including cloud-based managed AD solutions
• Zero Trust Model
• Privileged Session Management
• Multi-Factor Authentication
• Cloud Access Security Brokers
Communications: Excellent organizational and communication skills, creativity, attention to detail (compliance) and negotiation skills to interpret results, develop communications and recommend improvements. Able to present information within all settings in a credible, confident and influential manner. Communicates in a concise, direct and purposeful way. Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated ability to interact with anticipated audiences in a courteous, service-oriented manner.
Risk Management: [The individual] is responsible for understanding and applying risk management discipline in decision making and contributing to his or her function`s risk management.
Decision Making: Works independently on broad assignments or under general directions as to scope or objectives. Makes decisions within established or widely accepted standards. Achieves assigned/planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, training, business principles, and practical experience.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience/Master's Degree may be preferred with 10+ years of relevant work experience.
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
When you join Federal Reserve’s National IT organization, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
• Great medical benefits
• Pension and 401(k) with employer match
• Generous paid time off
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee resource networks
• Paid volunteer leave
• Flexible work options
• Onsite amenities that make working here fun
Other Requirements and Considerations:
• Candidates should review the Bank’s Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org.
• Sponsorship is not available for this role.
• Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
• Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond provides equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.