BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is beginning its journey to the Cloud as part of your digital transformation. While the Cloud Security Architect will report to the Global Information Security (GIS) team their primary interactions will be with the cloud transformation teams. These are cross-departmental groups that are solely focused on cloud technologies and cloud-native development. You will provide leadership in the form or advisory on Cloud Security Architecture across cloud service providers. This will include understanding business and development requirements, developing architecture specifications, assessing and selecting vendors/products, documenting policies and standards. The role, which will report to the head of Cyber Architecture, will work closely with and be supported by other Information Security departments up to and including the firm-s Chief Information Security Officer.
- Provide senior security architectural leadership to all phases of the Cloud Program, including the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) while building an understanding of the application ecosystems within BlackRock
- Work closely with subject matter experts to develop and deliver a complete security architecture solution for Azure, AWS and GCP
- Evaluate both native and third-party cloud security offerings to develop an enterprise cloud security stack
- Produce high-quality architecture specifications, white papers, technical documentation, roadmaps and presentation materials
- Be comfortable presenting cloud security fundamentals and deep technical specifications to any level audience
- Provide governance recommendations for all existing cloud services and methodologies for testing and certifying new cloud services
- Understand the cloud cost models and the implications of any and all recommendations
- Assist the Cyber Operations team by helping them build their cloud security expertise and develop an operational model specific to BlackRock
- Assure that all logging and monitoring concerns are well understood and implemented according to regulations
Must possess deep industry solution expertise and drive high priority customer initiatives. This is a solution and technical role that is accountable for the end-to-end cloud deployment experience. This Enterprise Cloud Security Architecture role will own Security engagement including: business architecture, solution architecture, facilitate architectural design sessions, manage specific implementation programs with corresponding Proofs of Concept plans.
- Expertise in cloud architecture and security fundamentals
- Deep understanding of container security, cloud network fundamentals, high availability design, multi-cloud benefits/shortcomings, microservices, and serverless compute
- Experience moving to a DevOps and/or DevSecOps environment - Understand agile development and CI/CD pipelines
- Windows and Linux operating systems
- Network architecture, network security, and TCP/IP
- Database knowledge and experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (preferably cloud)
- Docker and Kubernetes experience
- 3+ years of experience in cloud security environment required
- Bachelor-s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related experience
- Technical, security and/or cloud certifications considered
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.