Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Technology & Strategic Ventures (ATSV) team is embarking on a journey to move Application computing to leverage various Cloud provider services. Within Allstate Information Security, Privileged Access Management (PAM) Cloud Security Engineers are tasked to develop a Security Framework, establish Cloud Governance standards, and educate Business/Technology teams around public cloud usage. As a PAM Cloud Security Engineer, you design and build the capabilities within HashiCorp Vault, Key Management Service, and other critical products that will balance the need for speed and flexibility of cloud infrastructure and IaaS/PaaS/SaaS applications which will protect Allstate against ongoing and potential security threats. This critical role requires the ability to synthesize radical ideas, the aptitude to define new security strategies, and the tenacity to get the job done in a global environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact to Allstate's PAM Cloud Security current and future initiatives. Work location for this role can be one of the following: Charlotte, NC; Irving, TX; Tempe, AZ. We may have additional geographic flexibility for the right individual.
- Drive Cloud Security solutions as part of Privileged Access Management Engineering team for our enterprise IT and Business IT teams in both IaaS/ PaaS and SaaS implementations.
- Be an active member of Design & Build IT projects, steering cloud configurations and services towards industry-leading security practices with your domain expertise.
- Actively assess existing cloud implementations, identifying security issues and prioritizing fixes.
- Engineer and implement new cloud security tools to feed our DevOps/SecOps processes to ensure the solvency of cloud compute resources.
- Provide daily, ongoing security oversight of SecOps operations, to include the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology implementation/refresh operations.
- Understand system security vulnerabilities and associated threats, and assess the overall security risks to the system.
- Evaluate and respond to alerts and events from the security tools, including tuning of tool configuration to minimize false positives, development of event response documentation and processes for Security Operations Center response to follow for event actions, and escalating to appropriate teams for event response.
- Work with the Cloud Operations teams in the definition and implementation of security standards and best practices.
- Work with Senior Technical resources for mitigation recommendations to reduce identified security risks.
- Perform system vulnerability scanning using approved software tools and ability to automate.
- Drive and communicate change supporting DevOps/SecOps methodology within the organization.
- Serve as the primary interface to governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation.
- Participate in designing and managing IT Security strategy including both infrastructure and applications.
- Lead security and compliance based projects involving cloud, operating systems, applications, and database and security issues and requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology or other related discipline preferred.
- 8+ years experience as a Security Engineer supporting software architecture development environments.
- Advanced experience with public Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure).
- Track record of successful, practical, problem solving.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Salt, Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools and server virtualization technologies.
- Experience deploying and maintaining systems and applications within a secure, regulated environment.
- DevOps and scripting skills in at least one language (other than Bash), ideally Python.
- Good Understanding on SOC, cloud operations, security, automation, and orchestration.
- Possess clear understanding of security protocols and standards and have experience with software and security architectures.
- Knowledge to design and implement security tests in accordance with stated criteria.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX Windows servers, MS SQL, Oracle MySQL, MongoDB.
- Experience understanding protocols, such as, SSL/TLS, CIFS, HTTP/S, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP/S, NFS, SNMP and DNS.
- Experience in networking concepts and services, such as, VPNs, IPsec, PKI and TCP/IP.
- Demonstrate an ability to bridge technology knowledge gaps between IT staff and corporate staff such as Legal, Compliance and Audit organizations.
- Familiar with high-availability (HA) and failover implementations for network infrastructure and server systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands .
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but that s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter
or watch a video
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.