Cloud Security Engineer
At CGI Federal's Emerging Solutions Group, we are looking for engineers with a passion for security. The Cloud Security Engineers will focus on developing secure solutions, automating compliance and security for AWS, Azure and microservice applications. As a technical member of the cloud architect and engineering group, you will work closely with the Cloud Security Architect, AWS and Azure engineering teams to develop compliance as code to reduce the manual toil of federal compliance, increase security in the cloud and innovation on security. .
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Advocate and collaborate with engineers, developers, and non-technical members on cloud security related issues.
• Create, update and maintain DevSecOps processes for cloud and container-based deployments
• Design and implement secure solutions and architectures for cloud, multiple cloud and hybrid cloud systems to support clients, delivery teams, and Managed Service Provider (MSP)/Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) practices.
• Develop automation, runbooks, and scripts to automatically resolve security or configuration issues in AWS or Azure.
• Proactively improve the security posture of cloud-based environments with CSP (Cloud Service Provider) services, Compliance as Code and automaton
• Promote and help enable other teams to adopt Security Orchestration, Automation and Reponses (SOAR).
• Update and maintain security tooling in CI/CD pipelines for containers and cloud related resources
• Work with compliance, security and application teams to maintain security compliance for federal (DoD (Department of Defense), FedRAMP, CMMC), corporate and industry compliance programs.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 2+ years of relevant experience with cloud security and development
• Experience implementing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) with CloudFormation, ARM or Terraform.
• Detailed understanding of AWS and Azure core security and identity capabilities, features, and services
• Knowledge of Git for source code version control
• Needs to have the ability to develop and contribute while working seamlessly in a distributed team via collaboration tools
• Certifications - At least one security (CISSP, CEH, GIAC, Security+, AWS Certified Security - Specialty, Microsoft Certified Azure Security Engineer) and one CSP (AWS or Azure) Associate certifications
• Understanding of AWS and Azure core Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Function as a Service (FaaS) capabilities, features, and services and/or detailed understanding of cloud-native reference architectures.
• Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines to incorporate security, hardening and best practices for delivery of secure software
• AWS professional (AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional) or Azure role-based certification.
• Bachelor level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred
• Developing Serverless applications leveraging AWS services (DynamoDB, EventBridge, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS) and/or Azure Services
• Experience in supporting container-based applications, implementing security for microservices in the CI/CD progress, runtime and registry for AWS (Docker, AWS ECS, AWS ECR, AWS Fargate, AWS EKS), Azure AKS, Docker, and Kubernetes.
• Familiarity with Linux / Windows operating systems and methods to securely operate workloads
• Knowledge of at least one of federal compliance standards (CMMC, DoD SRG, DoD STIGs, FedRAMP and NIST) is preferred.
• Knowledge with Configuration as Code tools/services (Puppet, Ansible or AWS SSM) for orchestration of OS (Operating System) level configuration and compliance
• Knowledge of and Atlassian (Jira, Bitbucket, and Confluence) and ServiceNow APIs for automation.
• Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
#CGIFederalJobBuild your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.Skills
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Technical Professional
- Azure Functions