Please note that this is a 11 month contract position.
Location requested is Dallas/Fort Worth, TX area. Richmond VA is an alternate location. Please reply with which location you prefer when applying.
Must be able to obtain Public Trust Clearance.
This role will provide architecture/engineering oversight and guidance, mapping Business Technology Strategy to solutions. Sets architecture and engineering direction for complex enterprise-wide solutions that are repeatable, secure and supportable.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assesses merit and impact of designs to ensure compliance with established system architecture strategies and patterns.
2. Leads architectural & engineering discussions for both a technical and management audience.
3. Partners with customers to identify critical architectural and infrastructure gaps and deficiencies in the Information Technology environment and recommends solutions for improvement.
4. Leads efforts in analyzing e-business drivers to determine business information and technical architecture requirements.
5. Oversees initial project development, system design/testing, requirement direction and investigation of alternatives for implementation of feasible new technology. Oversees evaluation and selection of hardware and software product standards and design of standard configurations.
6. Provides consultative leadership on System projects focused on planning, development and implementation of strategic technological directives.
7. Provides senior level technique guidance and supervision to other architects assigned to technology studies and implementation projects.
8. Collaborate with Reserve Bank architects to understand the opportunities for shared platforms, solutions and services.
9. Participates in creating a shared vision, motivating members of the enterprise to aspire to achieving the vision, and providing clear direction regarding what is required to execute a strategy to accomplish goals and objectives.
Thorough knowledge information technology/data communications functions including network architecture and client server processing; thorough research and high-level technical and analytical skills; identify emerging approaches for technology development and architecture, translate business needs, recommend viable technical solutions. Knowledge of multiple platforms (e.g., External Cloud, Linux/Unix, PC, etc). Support data management/access and data communication hardware and software for client/server business solutions; technical knowledge of system operations, new and evolving data management and security technologies (e.g. public key cryptography and infrastructure, smart cards, secure messaging, web development technologies) and data communication technologies (e.g. VPNs and subnets, Internet and Intranet facilities and firewalls, TCP/IP, IPsec), large project disciplines and organizational/problem solving skills to lead and support significant projects serving multi-disciplinary efforts and determine/recommend viable solutions. Knowledge of business re-engineering principles to design/test and investigate alternatives in implementation of new technology.
Experience with Public and Private Clouds (AWS, Azure, Cloud Technologies VSphere/VRealize, CloudFoundary, OpenShift or Docker). Experience in cloud security models including FedRAMP. Experience designing Enterprise Multi- tenant infrastructure solutions. DevOps experience in service creation, design, organization and implementation. Persuasiveness, effective verbal and written communications, and strong interpersonal skills to effectively lead projects, document and present findings.
10 years or greater experience preferred
On-call and weekend work is expected. Overnight travel may average 8-10 nights per week.
Please reference job number 2049.
San Francisco, CA, 94159Contact