A Cloud Security Sr. Engineer is part of a new team responsible for owning and building secure operational solutions across a variety of cloud, SAAS, and unique on-premise infrastructure throughout the enterprise.
As a member of the team, you should be prepared to implement solutions first, establish best practices early, and improve establishing infrastructure and policy into code.
- Become an Expert – With a passion for the bleeding edge, you enable early but secure adoption by default. You will implement a variety of Cloud Security initiatives focusing on Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS, as well as assess and champion improvements during unique on-premise challenges.
- Build and Create - You recognize the opportunity given to establish security at a ground level. You are ready to design a solution, cut the code, build the tools, and learn while failing fast in a fostering environment.
- Assess and Change – Analytical, precise, and curious, you’re ready to assess unknowns to discover problems and identify solutions quickly. You will tackle a range of challenges as the team builds up, ranging from initial IAM framework buildouts to hardening SDLC supporting toolsets.
- Maintain and Improve – You see the operational value in bringing win-wins throughout the department and business. You’ll produce security requirements, write playbooks, and actively replace manual effort with automation.
- Engage and Influence – You’re prepared to host or participate in discussions, map and share unknowns, and establish expertise among your peers for the team, department, and broader business. You will effect positive change by unblocking issues, building rapport, and ensuring success for all involved.
- Training and Outreach – Knowing is half the battle. You will seek diverse training opportunities regularly, supported by the team and business. You’ll attend or participate in regular security related workshops and conferences, eager to share and implement knowledge gained.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; In Information Security, Cybersecurity, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or related technical field preferred
- 5 or more years of practical experience as a Security Engineer, Systems Engineer, or Software Security Developer or a related role with 2 or more of those years focused in a cloud native role.
- Strong background with either;
- AWS services such as KMS, Lambda, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, GuardDuty, EC2, S3, Amazon RDS, etc
- Azure services such as, Key Vault, Blob Storage, Azure Backup, Monitor, ATA, Cloud App Security, etc
- Strong foundational knowledge of cloud native systems such as Kubernetes and Docker or EKS, ECS, and similar
- Experience in delivering security solutions for container based workloads and the supporting CI/CD systems
- Strong experience with Python codebases;
- Experience with AWS CLI / Boto3 SDK required
- Bash, Powershell, or related experience a plus
- Familiarity working with or assessing authn/authz implementations, such as Oauth, SAML, OpenID, ADFS, SCIM, etc
- Strong working knowledge of IP networking and application-layer protocols (DNS, HTTP, SSH, SMTP, LDAP, etc.)
- Expert-level troubleshooting skills in Windows or Linux based systems
- Comfortable in Git, Jira and similar SDLC based toolsets