Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services. Cloud Security Operations Engineer
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation. Work you'll do
You will work alongside DevOps professionals to ensure the operational security posture of Audit & Assurance business applications. Utilizing automation, scripting, custom development, and native security tooling and features, you will ensure applications deployed into production environments meet security and control requirements, appropriately log application and security events to SIEM systems, triage security alerts, and tune alerts and correlation rules to eliminate false positive indicators.
Successfully performing in this role means:
- Demonstrate that deployed applications meet expected configurations
- Demonstrate that deployed applications log security events to SIEM systems
- Ensure security alerts are tuned to meet business requirements and reduce false positives
- Implement new Azure security features as they become generally available
- Operationalize best in class operational security practices utilizing Azure Sentinel
- Partner with Cloud Architecture stakeholders to drive security requirements into design patterns
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Cyber Security vigilantly protects Deloitte and client data. The team leads a strategic cyber risk program that adapts to a rapidly changing threat landscape, changes in business strategies, risks, and vulnerabilities. Using situational awareness, threat intelligence, and building a security culture across the organization, the team helps to protect the Deloitte brand.
Areas of focus include:
- Cyber design
- Risk & Compliance
- Technology Risk Management
- Identity & Access Management
- Data Protection
- Incident Response and Architecture
How you'll grow
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5 years of experience in security operations, cloud security architecture, and/or application security.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience working in a 24x7 uptime / "five nines" environment
- Strong knowledge of system administration and security protocols for client/server environment deployed using cloud-based IaaS and PaaS solutions on Windows platforms.
- Experience developing Azure Policies, ARM templates, JSON
- Experience configuring, tuning, and managing Azure Security Center for IaaS and PaaS applications
- Experience integrating cloud data sources into Splunk SIEM
- Experience with containerization and orchestration of web services
- Working knowledge of technologies including encryption, IPsec, VLANs, VPNs, routing, firewalls, proxy services, LAN/WAN addressing/connectivity.
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment, managing competing priorities and complex requirements
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.