Description Job Requisition:
Cloud Software Engineer- TS/SCI Polygraph RequiredJob Description:
The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Cloud Software Engineer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance for a program in Annapolis Junction, MD.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The Prototype Development Support (PDS II) program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer's Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, PDS II looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the PDS II program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.Primary Responsibilities
The successful candidate will develop software in an Agile development approach to analytic development. They will be developing cloud based analytics using Map Reduce techniques. They will be using innovative techniques to derive additional information from existing data to refine information utilized by the Operations team. They may also incorporate new sources of data, and provide summary information about the data they are working with. Development is primarily in Java, but may also utilize Python and Pig to accomplish objectives.What you will like about this position
- Working in a dynamic environment in an Agile environment.
- Becoming familiar with multiple efforts that provide refinement and better information on data being enhance with analytic techniques such as Java Map/Reduce.
Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Eight plus (8+) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- At least five (5) years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least three (3) year of experience as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- Experience in scrum-based Agile development environments
- Strong Java development skills.
- Experience with Apache NiFi.
- Experience with version control (Git/Subversion).
- Experience with customer's GM and MASH architectures is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using Jira (or other tool).
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
12KSIGNONExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.