Description Job Description:
The Leidos Intelligence Division is seeking a Cloud Software Engineer to support a highly visible fast paced prime contract in the Fort Meade, Annapolis Junction, MD area.
This position is eligible for an increased sign on bonus of $20,000. Please visit careers.leidos.com/CSS20k
for details and a full list of eligible opportunities . PROGRAM SUMMARY:
The Prototype Development Support (PDS II) program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer's Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, PDS II looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the PDS II program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
The Valuation Team's objective is to provide data driven analysis that directly influences leadership's ability in making critical decisions. One of the ways they do this is by prototyping analytics that capture and generate metrics on data, that their data scientists can then use them for data analysis. They are also working on other Java analytics that would be specific in capturing different types of data beyond what the team does today. This includes data tagging, processing, visualization, and analytic development. Primary Responsibilities:
Pursuing software engineers to support to Data Refinement's data valuation efforts. This support will include the development and enhancement of metric analytic tools that enable and facilitate analysis and aggregation of multiple data source measurements for the purpose of health & status reporting, data flow monitoring, trend analysis, business analytics, data assessments and valuation. These activities consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- Utilize sound software development practices to include designing, using, and creating reusable software solutions, using designated code configuration management, Linux/Unix scripting and development tools, and performing complete unit and integration testing. Utilize peers for design, code, and documentation reviews.
- Coordinate with DR data fusion teams to develop processes to measure, evaluate, present metrics, and sourcing on each reference data source.
- Assist and develop system monitoring capability for gathering information and identifying performance bottlenecks.
- Automate analysis tasks or workflows as defined by leadership.
- Develop, integrate, and deploy software prototypes and/or enhancements for new processing capabilities or into existing systems ensuring compliance with NSA corporate network security requirements, as needed.
- Develop quick turn-around capabilities in direct support of operations.
- At least five (5) years of general experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- At least three (3) years of experience developing software with high level languages (such as Java, C, C++), developing software in UNIX/Linux (RedHat versions 3-5+), and software integration and testing (to include developing and implementing test plans and scripts).
- At least two (2) years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as H Base, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Etc.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with 1) Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON, 2) developing restful services, and 3) using source code management tools.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.
- Experiencing designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms.
- Experiencing developing and deploying: data driven analytics; event drive analytics; sets of analytics orchestrated through rules engines.
- Technical writing skills and generate technical documents in support of a software development projects.
- Source Code Management (e.g., Git, Stash, or Subversion, etc.)
- Web Technology
- Machine Learning
- Understanding of Cloud Scalability
- Hadoop/Cloud Certification
- Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment
- High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Advanced Computing
The Cyber & SIGINT Solutions (CSS) Operation continues to grow in the Fort Meade, MD and surrounding areas. We have funded Prime work and are currently seeking innovators, ideators, and game changers to join our team. We are offering generous sign-on bonuses, competitive salaries, and enhanced benefit plans. To learn more please visit careers.leidos.com/CONMD External Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Software DevelopmentPay Range:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.