Cloud Software Engineer, Reliability and Automation (125-250k+)
An elite global asset management firm is building core engineering team out of their Austin TX location in support of large-scale initiatives related to trading systems, research data, and analytics calculations across a diverse array of financial investments that enable precise risk calculations and wise investment decisions. They deliver investment professionals accurate information, on time, every time that enable them to make decisions in an increasingly complex world. This is a huge project with a lot of impact.
This role is within the core engineering team to provide the building blocks, platforms and self-service tools that enable high availability, operationally resilient and scalable application to be built to enable our business to deliver value to our clients. Quite simply, the team makes it easier for other people to operate. As part of this team, you will join a talented group of technology professionals who enjoy taking on challenges, such as:
- Building horizontally scalable services.
- Ensuring cloud deployments are secure and robust
- Establishing best practices for our cloud foundation
- Automating everything
- Making it easy to ingest, store and analyze financial data
- Know (or want to learn) AWS inside and out.
- Automation experience with tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Puppet, Ansible, and Chef
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Public cloud technologies - Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure
- Understanding of infrastructure fundamentals such as UNIX, SSH, Kerberos, and ADFS
- Hands on experience with Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes infrastructure
- Experience securing and operating cloud infrastructure in an enterprise environment
- Experience building data warehouses, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments.
- Experience migrating existing workloads to cloud.
- Experience with financial market analysis software like Beacon
- Experience working with big data, information retrieval, data mining or machine learning as well as experience in building multi-tier high availability applications with modern web technologies (such as Cassandra, Spark, Hadoop, Kafka)