Cloud Software Engineer
Based from our Boston area Office in Westford, join us as our innovative and high performing software development organization offers the delivery of SaaS based solutions using Amazon Web Services. Aspect, as a company, is on the exciting and monumental transition to true SaaS and the R&D organization is searching for a passionate and results oriented Cloud Software Development Engineer looking to partner with a team of talented engineers working on our cloud-based Aspect Via®, all-in-one, customer engagement platform.
The team you will be joining works on both new and existing projects with a primary focus on Omni Channel communications across Self-service, Live Agent conversations, and Proactive Outreach campaigns. One of the team’s forward-looking charters is the design, development, and delivery of the Messaging Management Engine of Aspect Via® with a road map of managing the following text/social communication channels: web chat, SMS, email, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, WeChat, etc.
We work in Agile teams that are very collaborative and supportive of each other and rally around goals for successful outcomes. In this supportive environment and with the challenge of diverse technical problems you will have ample opportunities in which to grow and accelerate your career.
PROFESSIONAL TRAITS NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS
PRIMARY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enthusiastic and versatile with a great attitude.
- Team player and collaborative problem solver.
- Extreme ownership and strong sense of personal responsibility.
- Customer obsession in driving to successful outcomes.
- Self-learner that enjoys experimenting with new technologies.
- Lead and contribute to the design and development of new features sets.
- Prototype new solutions and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Overcome complex technical challenges demonstrating technical flexibility and creativity in problem solving.
- Lead and participate in design reviews with cross-functional team members to better understand requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex customer problems escalated to engineering.
- Provide estimates and timelines for the development of features sets and delivering fixes.
- Close interaction with other Development, Architecture, and QA team members as well as Customer Support and Professional Services teams across the globe.
- Lead and conduct hands-on testing with other team members as necessary to complete feature sets.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- BS or higher in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 4-10 years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience working in Cloud platforms like AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
- Passion for cloud computing and experience building SaaS products for auto-scaling, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to internal audiences.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Expertise in AWS with industry experience using AWS services (EC2, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, SNS, SQS, etc.)
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment best practices
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with Omni Messaging for one or more of the following: web chat, email, SMS, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, WeChat.
- Experience with Terraform
- Cloud application API design and implementation
- Git source control
- Jira for Agile project management