Description Job Description:
The Leidos Intelligence Division is seeking a Cloud Software Engineer to support a highly visible fast paced prime contract in the Fort Meade, Annapolis Junction, MD area.
This position is eligible for an increased sign on bonus of $20,000. Please visit careers.leidos.com/CSS20k
for details and a full list of eligible opportunities . PROGRAM SUMMARY:
The Prototype Development Support (PDS II) program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer's Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, PDS II looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the PDS II program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate will be part of Persona Analysis' Location & Movement team looking to automate a series of analytics that will discover new, pertinent artifacts, patterns in those artifacts, and setting up the review of those artifacts rated as significant by analysts to be evaluated. The developer shall possess the necessary skills required to implement an end-to-end solution including (but not limited to) accessing existing datasets, creating new datasets by ingesting data, performing analytic functions and exposing analytic results to the users. The developer will also need to be able to review and introduce relevant technology (i.e. machine learning) to automate those analytics to refine the datasets to those artifacts needing review.Basic Qualifications:
- At least five (5) years of general experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- At least three (3) years of experience developing software with high level languages (such as Java, C, C++), developing software in UNIX/Linux (RedHat versions 3-5+), and software integration and testing (to include developing and implementing test plans and scripts).
- At least two (2) years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as H Base, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Etc.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with 1) Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON, 2) developing restful services, and 3) using source code management tools.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.
- Experience with QTA, Java MapReduce, and Machine Learning
The Cyber & SIGINT Solutions (CSS) Operation continues to grow in the Fort Meade, MD and surrounding areas. We have funded Prime work and are currently seeking innovators, ideators, and game changers to join our team. We are offering generous sign-on bonuses, competitive salaries, and enhanced benefit plans. To learn more please visit careers.leidos.com/CONMDExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Software EngineeringPay Range: