Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
In this role, you will participate in the design, development, coding, testing, debugging, and maintenance of software code for business applications. As Cloud Architect/Engineer, you'll be responsible for middle-tier implementation and integration with backend databases. You'll work with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. You may also participate in the development of software user manuals.Responsibilities
- Collaborate with product managers to translate business requirements into system specific functional requirements.
- Responsible for design and full implementation of product. Experience with presentations. Also, ensures architecture meets design specs.
- Performs tasks necessary to support design, QA and implementation teams necessary to rollout product.
- Research, design, write, test and implement new software applications and systems.
- Modify and enhance existing complex applications and systems.
- Champion change; drive and set technical direction for the functional group.
- Responsible for quality assurance review.
- Acts as project leader for projects with small budgets or limited duration.
- Propose and split large architectural objectives into smaller incremental objectives
- Evaluate design alternatives, and perform cost benefit analysis
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
- Fluent multiple application development languages at an expert level
- Experience with various computer platforms and application environments
- Expertise with developing multiple tiers of multi-tiered software applications
- Expertise in designing programs, applications and systems
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the skill level of the department
- Must have conceptual understanding of domain technologies.
- Ability to convey technical and conceptual ideas/topics to non-technical personnel
- Strong organizational or Project Management skills
- Ability to design systems with Infrastructure, Network and server operations team in building complex enterprise level applications.
Typical Range of Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master's Degree preferred
- Typically 7+ years of directly related experience
- Experience working with distributed team is preferred
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.