Immediate need for a talented Cloud Solution Architect. This is a 12+ Months contract opportunity with long-term potential and is located in Dallas, TX. Please review the job description below.
Job ID: 19-45432
- Responsible for portfolio high level designs and architecture including designing architecture back to the ERA
- Responsible for developing and executing against solution strategies and business plans that support business expansion
- Focuses on integrating various parts of a solution into one cohesive network that solves a larger technical problem(s)
- Oversees complex technical lifecycles from inception, requirements analysis, design, to fluid implementation phases
- Owns getting buy in and consensus on approach / owns concept diagrams and from Infrastructure and software Teams
- Ability to negotiate approach/scope of projects and vendor contracts
- Coordinates tasks and objectives with internal and external resources
- Accountable for detailed solution designed developed by Tech Leads
- Ensures use of repositories for deliverables, methodologies, and business development documents
- Consulted on Business area roadmap and responsible for aligning application/technology roadmap to address business needs
- Responsible for Enterprise Architecture compliance at the portfolio architecture level
- Tracks and manages component interdependencies
- Consulted for input on T-shirt sizing of initiatives
- Engages with Team (C)(r)
- Identify holes in enterprise / portfolio architecture / Stacks and works through portfolio architect to resolve
- Mentors / Coaching Tech Leads
- Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers
- Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company
Key Requirements and Technology Experience:
- Somebody walk the talk in AWS
- Good handle on AWS services, Cloud formation, cloud watch
- Having built AWS services in cloud
- Very confident in building VPC, AWS scalability and reliability etc.
- People who have already done earlier
- Excellent with RDS databases
- Five to eight years of work experience in multiple technology disciplines; required.
- Expert level experience in a single technology area or broad system-level experience across multiple computing platform and technologies.
- Three to five years of engineering and/or business work experience; required.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills (ability to address large and small audiences).
- Ability to articulate (verbally / visually) ideas, approach, concepts, options, risk, impact, and recommendations to technical, non-technical, and Leadership audiences. [facilitate meetings with medium to large audience of peers]
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Must possess outstanding business acumen, and a sound understanding of industry rules / standards.
- Must be highly organized, motivated, and capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Ability to mentor / coach Tech Leads, Senior Developers, and Peers in a domain or technical area.
- Ability to provide expert technical and Thought Leadership in a domain area / app suite.
- Outstanding leadership skills including partnering, consensus building, influencing.
- Advanced knowledge of project management methodology and principles.
- Outstanding understanding of business process and business rules for a Portfolio.
- Expert knowledge of computer or network systems hardware, and software theory, emerging practices / concepts, and technology relevant to organizational / portfolio vision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, Team-based, Customer-service-oriented environment.
Our client is a leading airlines company and we are currently interviewing to fill this and other similar contract positions. If you are interested in this position, please apply online for immediate consideration.