The successful candidate for this position will excel in designing and integrating Cloud based solutions, working directly with Sirius customers and our talented Sales and Technical teams to understand and answer client’ needs for workload Integration in public cloud environments. The successful candidate will also be able to mentor other engineers, coordinate on-the-job training in the field, and advise on appropriate ecosystem partnerships.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Advises and leads our clients on workload integration and development in the cloud by meeting with them, understanding their needs, and solving their business problems.
- Designs detailed architectural solutions and describes, defends, and leads adoption of the solution
- Able to install, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot cloud-based solutions, primarily enterprise-level AWS Cloud services.
- Assesses client workloads and technology landscape for cloud suitability
- Develops business cases and cloud adoption roadmaps
- Defines migration strategy to move workflows to cloud
- Designs the overall Virtual Private Cloud VPC environment including server instances, storage instances, subnets, availability zones, etc.
- Designs the AWS Cloud network architecture including VPN connectivity between regions and subnets.
- Designs HA / DR cloud strategies.
- Manages solution Quality Assurance (QA) tasks for all projects delivered against assigned project deliverables
- Provides project coordination duties for assigned projects to include providing detailed implementation/migration planning to client, knowing and meeting client timetable, coordinating vendor installations, etc. Facilitates communication between product team members. Proactively monitors and reports status of project efforts, anticipates, and identifies issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implements corrective actions
- Develops and reviews project scope to include work services estimate, services, resource assignments and allocations, and statements of work for assigned projects
- Bachelor’s degree Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Professional
- At least five (5) years’ Information Technology work experience in a Solution Architect, Lead Developer, or similar role, to include all of the following:
- Experience specific to the AWS Platform
- Experience providing Architecture leadership around the AWS Platform, being involved in the full life cycle from need to adoption
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to understand a client’s requirements and present appropriate architectural options to technical, as well as non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical workshops, architectural sessions, and conversations with the goal of recommending integration solutions while staying open to discussing alternative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and objectively recommend alternative and/or additional vendor products as needed
- Demonstrated experience assisting with the creation of accurate cost estimates, including labor and software sizing, compliance, and licensing
- Experience designing, architecting, planning and implementing routing, switching and security solutions and strategies
- Experience with configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar
- Experience with protocol stack that includes skills in layer 2/3
- Network design experience, to include demonstrated troubleshooting capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage and escalate technical issues to appropriate vendor support team
- Demonstrated organizational, time-management, problem-solving and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated ability to oversee project work activities
- Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client
- Demonstrated presentation, problem solving, and communication skills
- Consulting experience
- Knowledge of project estimation and scoping experience
- Industry recognized Security certification (e.g., ISC2)
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and internal technical teams and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.