About Software Senior Engineer
This Software Senior Engineer will be responsible for analysis, development, support and maintenance of internally developed application solutions. This candidate will act as Solution Architect. Qualified candidates will have a strong leadership presence, solid technical background, experience consulting on business solutions as well as create and maintain solid relationships with business and technology partners.
Position Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes:
• Act as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable
Technology, tools and existing designs. Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
• Utilize a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs
• Plan, perform, and act as the escalation point for complex platform designs, coding, and testing
• Lead complex multiple modeling, simulations, and analysis efforts
• Act as expert technical resource to programming staff in the program development, testing, and implementation process
• Design and build high performing and scalable applications.
• Work with business analysts, development teams and project managers for business requirements
• Support ongoing data management efforts for Development, QA, and Production environments
• Leverage knowledge of industry trends to build best in class technology to provide competitive advantage
• Act as an expert technical resource to programming staff in the program development, testing, and implementation process
• Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code. Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
• Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
• Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
• Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
• Leads projects, allocates and manages resources and manages the work of less experienced staff.
• Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
Requirements (MUST HAVE):
7+ years of Java experience
3+ years of experience with Spring, Spring Batch, and Spring Boot
3+ years of Tomcat development or implementation experience
A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
5+ years of SQL experience
5+ years of web applications experience
3+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
3+ years of PL/SQL experience
2+ years of Oracle experience
2+ years of MS SQL server experience
3+ years of JSP (JavaServer Pages) experience
3+ years of Groovy experience
3+ years of Hibernate experience
3+ years of Autosys experience
2+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
2+ years of Agile experience
Git or GitHub experience
3+ years of experience with MS Azure cloud computing technology
Knowledge or experience of containerization related management stacks with Docker, Swarm or Kubernetes
Cloud security certification such as Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK), Certified Cloud Professional (CCP) or Cloud Computing Architect (CCA)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or