Publix Super Markets, Inc. is the largest privately-owned food retailer in the nation with more than 1,200 stores and more than 200,000 associates throughout the Southeast. We are associate-owned, proud of our family atmosphere, and consistently named as one of the best companies to work for in America. We are largely debt-free and renowned for our financial performance as well as our premier customer service. Publix s Information Services (I/S) department is located in Lakeland, Florida and Alpharetta, Georgia and employs over 1000 associates. I/S provides the information technology required for all Publix business units including retail stores and all office and warehouse environments. The Publix I/S mission is to maximize the value of information technology to Publix associates and customers.
You will be joining our exciting and newly formed Cloud Center of Excellence. Cloud Center of Excellence is the focal point of the transformationefforts for our IT Modernization project. You will enable the transformation of our Cloud development and operations practices. TheCloud Specialist should have a solid understanding of cloud services and be able to lead a team of cross-functional application developers, infrastructure engineers, and security specialists to promote cloud-first architecture and implementations. You will also be responsible for supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; participating in various cloud enablement and advocacy activities, and coaching associates on various deployment models of Cloud
This individual should be able to implement large-scale cloud implementations and effectively address information governance and security challenges associated with running workloads on public clouds.
Provide security architecture support for build, migration, and operation of Azure cloud infrastructure
Research and evaluate emerging cloud technologies and proactively recommend areas where they can bring business value.
Develop aspects of the cloud migration initiative, including its impact on infrastructure, networks, and security.
Define standards and best practices by conducting POCs for new cloud technologies leveraged by the development organization and engineering teams
Develop a baseline for deliverables to include; network access, restriction of internet-facing resources within the cloud platform, provision and configure computer resources within Azure environment
Provide expertise and serve as subject matter expert regarding Cloud for both infrastructure and applications in Microsoft Azure
Work with application teams with their digital Transformation goals and achieve exceptional results retaining maximum associate satisfaction
Work with the IT Security Team, Solution Architects and Security Operations teams with any security-related issues
Develop, maintain and drive a culture of continuous enhancement for a robust knowledge management system for the Cloud Operations team
Establish a continuous improvement plan for Cloud Operations, including technology reviews, root cause analysis, action reports analysis, and cloud portfolio review to ensure adequate infrastructure to provide a suitable operating environment(s) for critical applications.
- Conceptualizing, presenting and executing ideas within a tight schedule, with particular emphases on serving as a technical lead on development projects with on-prem and cloud, or a team lead or architect across multiple software development projects;
Demonstrate extensive abilities as a lead: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; participating in various cloud enablement and advocacy activities, and coaching associates on various deployment models of Cloud
Proven extensive ability to develop Cloud strategy; as well as write, communicate, facilitate, and present cogently; to and/or for all levels of IT audiences, and management, including presentations, training, and executive briefings
As an SME, the individual should -
a) advise application team with azure security
b) develop a migration strategy for azure security components and overall application components
c) define the operating procedure in a cloud environment
d) support with performance tuning and testing activity
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or related analytical field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of deploying and supporting cloud services in a large-scale environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in one or more cloud providers.
- Minimum of 1 year experience developing software with at least one production implementation in one of the following languages: C#/.NET, Java, Python, or Node.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience writing in a scripting language that implemented a deployment to the cloud or supported a cloud workload.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases.
- Practical knowledge of web application security.
- Minimum of 1 year as a contributor to the design of distributed and highly available cloud solutions.
Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- Familiarity with 1 or more version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps).
- At least one EXPERT-level certification in a cloud platform technology (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform) or 3 years cloud operations experience.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience configuring direct connections to the cloud from on-premise, gateways, virtual networks, and security segmentation technologies in a production environment.
- Production experience with a hybrid cloud configuration.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Experience developing software that is deployed to the cloud.
- Experience writing scripts in PowerShell.
- Experience with SQL Server.
- Experience with Azure Cosmos DB and/or MongoDB.
- Experience working with Azure.
- Experience with VSTS/Azure DevOps deployments.
- Experience with big data clustering technologies (Hadoop, Spark, HDInsight, EMR, etc.).
An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
401(k) retirement savings plan
Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
Group dental plan
Group vision plan
Long-term disability insurance
Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
Paycheck direct deposit
Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager s approval: New Year s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).