Cloud Support Engineer
Expert Technical Solutions is seeking a Cloud Support Engineer for one of our industry leading clients in Duluth, GA. This person will operate our client’s production environment by releasing new product releases, applying patches, monitoring cloud system performance, and resolving and/or escalating tickets from the production queue. In addition, this person would follow documented runbooks to provide operational support to assure reliability, scalability, and security of our cloud platform.
This is a 4 Month Contract to Hire, REMOTE opportunity offering competitive pay and outstanding growth potential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor service desk queue for Cloud Operations and resolve incoming issues.
- Follow standard operating procedures performing day-to-day maintenance and deployments of release to our cloud platform
- Conduct 1st level problem determination using documented procedures and available tools.
- Monitors Windows and Linux based systems in production using established procedures and reports problems.
- On-call Server Alert & Queue Coverage with documented escalation path.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve incidents.
- Utilizes incident management ticketing systems to report and document issues.
- Performs notification and escalation for major issues and critical events.
- Completes shift check lists and status reports as required.
- Performs system processing utilizing established tools and procedures.
- Outside of the DevOps team, you will interact with product support, product development and product implementation teams.
DESIRED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must be available to work non-standard business hours and varying shift assignments
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- 3+ years of Client Support, L1/L2 production support or Data Center / Network Operations experience
- The ability and desire to troubleshoot L1/L2 issues as it relates to Cloud Operations
- Proficiency of Windows Server and Linux operating systems.
- Experience with relational databases (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, Postgress).
- Experience with monitoring tools (DataDog, Splunk, AppDynamics, etc)
- Familiarity with AWS tools are a huge plus.