NET ESOLUTIONS CORPORATION (NETE) is a multi-award winning company founded in 1999. NETE is a full service Information Technology (IT) company dedicated to providing value focused services to the Federal Government and the Biomedical Research and Health IT Sector. NETE offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries that may include performance bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package.
NETE is seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized, and detail oriented Cloud Support Engineer to join our dynamic team at Bethesda, MD. If you want to learn, grow, and help then this is the job for you.
The Cloud Services team seeks cloud engineering support for internal and external customers, as well as support and maintenance of infrastructure and platforms that the Cloud Services team uses to operate. The candidate will be responsible for utilizing cloud technical skills to support multiple research and enterprise information technology groups and enhance existing support processes and tools with innovative solutions. This position is an opportunity to be involved with leading-edge technology, support a rapidly growing customer base, and contribute to the success of a major organizational initiative.
A successful candidate must have excellent communication and documentation skills to effectively interact with both internal and external staff. He or she will also demonstrate an ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, as well as to communicate and cooperate effectively with team members and customers from a broad range of disciplines and subject-level expertise. Additionally, a successful candidate will have a passion for providing exceptional customer service.
- Resolve technical service requests related to configuration and use of cloud environments
- Provision new and upgrade existing AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud environments
- Develop infrastructure, configuration operational tools, and perform regular updates/upgrades
- Enhance deployment processes, integrate new cloud services, and document deployment instructions for operations
- Assist in product enhancement test case planning and support regression testing
- Provide diagnostic details and coordinate with vendors to resolve issues
- Seek opportunities to streamline and improve processes
- Assist in the gathering of requirements for the design and development of key business systems for automating the provisioning and management cloud environments
- Produce high-quality technical documentation (e.g., architecture specifications, whitepapers, deployment guides, web posts, case studies, etc.)
- Work with other members of the Cloud Services team, including cloud architects, to resolve a variety of technical challenges, issues, and incidents
- Develop a good working relationship with teams in order to incorporate their insight into the operations of the Cloud Services team
- Working experience with administration of one or more of the following major Cloud Service Providers (CSPs): Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure
- Working experience and knowledge of Linux operating systems (i.e., familiarity with ssh and ssh-agent; editing files, users, and file permissions, etc.)
- Working experience on basic database, application, and web tier troubleshooting
- Working experience with integration of platform as a service (PaaS) and software as a service (SaaS) solutions
- Working experience applying information security best practices (e.g., least privilege, defense in depth, etc.)
- Experience teaching, especially presenting technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience scripting cloud configurations
- Knowledge of networking, firewalls, load balancers, etc.
- Experience and knowledge in hardening of Linux operating systems, especially in a federal government environment
- Experience in incident/vulnerability testing and auditing
- Experience with cloud cost calculators, as well as cost optimization approaches (e.g., instance and container resource sizing and configuration)
- Any cloud infrastructure/architect/security certifications
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 9 Paid Federal holidays
- Various wellness programs
- Free parking at corporate offices
- Employee Referral Bonus Program (ERBP)
- Vision coverage through UHC national network
- Dental coverage through UHC national network
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- Competitive salaries with opportunity for performance bonuses
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- Medical coverage through UHC national network (option to choose between 3 available plans)
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
NETE is a multi-award winning company as well as offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries that may include performance bonuses; and a comprehensive benefits package.
NETE uses E-Verify to validate all new hires' ability to legally work in the United States.
Disclaimer: The above description is intended to describe the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not to be construed as a complete or exhaustive list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description, or responsibilities as needed.