Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Engineering & Sciences
CSRA is in search of a Senior Systems Engineer to support the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) milCloud 2.0 program.
CSRA has deployed its own on premise Cloud solution into the DoD data centers. CSRA is operating this Cloud to support DoD Mission Partners meet their Cloud requirements
This approach ensures that (1) DoD Mission Partners can easily directly migrate or support migration efforts for the broad array of complex military applications that would benefit from our Cloud offerings and (2) can evolve with the pace of technology and is not locked into a specific OEM provider.
* Maintain expert knowledge of current features, planned future capabilities, and limitations of the milCloud 2.0 platform as well as other commercial cloud platforms (AWS)
* Evaluate customer requirements and design compliant, cost-effective architectural solutions that meet customer application, security, technology, and business requirements and seek to reduce the overall cost of sustaining the clients' systems and applications in the cloud.
* Develop solutions for migrating legacy or early stage technology to cloud environments
Evaluate and have a firm understanding of emerging technologies and trends for high performance distributed computing within cloud infrastructures
* Provide solution and service engineering activities, i.e. proof-of concepts, pilots, use case development, solution validation, workshops, and enablement
* Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of different Network and Cloud technologies and supporting solution areas and develop new technology integrations and solution capabilities
* Provide expert technical architectural support and guidance for solution opportunities that involve virtualization, software defined networking, cloud infrastructure, management and security, including integration with select 3rd party products
* Develop and release of sales, technical, and service delivery collaterals including deployment guides, best practices, sizing whitepapers and solution reference architectures
* Work directly with mission partners and other customers to guide them through the web-based ordering, delivery, and billing processes
* Understands and has implemented methodology to migrate into cloud
* Knows how to perform TCO analysis in cloud
* Knows how to generate business cases
* Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to define technology roadmaps and evaluate total-cost-of-ownership of solutions.
* Experience working with Infrastructure and cloud solutions and related company products and services.
* Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, product-line hardware and software
* Experience working with office productivity tools; delivery assurance and/or industry standards on deliverables
* Experience working in a global organization of size, scope and complexity
* Experience working with administrative and/or workflow systems
* Deep knowledge of AWS
* Working knowledge of cloud management technologies such as CliQr, Agility, vRealize, ServiceNow, Cloud Checkr, VM Turbo and others.
* Experience with cloud system and application migration and generation of related business case. Familiarity with migration processes and technologies such as EMC Adaptivity, Racemi, and others.
* Deep knowledge of security standards such as FedRAMP, FISMA and SRG
* Knowledge of PaaS offerings such as Redhat Openshift, Cloud Foundry, Docker is preferred.
* Knowledge designing CI/CD tool chain, PaaS, and enabling DevOps in a cloud environment.
* Strong communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel, and management
* Strong time management skills
* Strong creative thinking, problem solving, planning, time-management and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
* Strong human relations skills to select, develop, mentor employees
* Strong ability to manage multiple programs, handle multiple assignments simultaneously, and switch between assignments quickly
* Strong ability to lead and work in a team environment
* Willingness to travel
* DoD Secret Clearance, Top Secret Preferred
* Professional AWS Certified Solutions Architect
* MSCE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
* CompTIA Security+ (or related security certification)
-milCloud and the milCloud logo- are registered trademarks owned by the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).
-CSRA is providing the milCloud- 2.0 services to DoD customers under Contract HC102817D0004.
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA FL Tampa - 4350 West Cypress St (FLS019)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.