For 20 years, FEI Systems has been a proven provider of health information technology solutions for Federal, State, and local governments and now, Managed Care Organizations. Our Long-Term Services and Supports solution Carity provides an integrated platform for application and eligibility determinations across Medicaid waiver and incentive programs. FEI's CareVisit enables State agencies, Managed Care Organizations, and case managers to monitor the delivery of in-home community-based services. Our Web Infrastructure for Treatment Services (WITS) solution tracks behavioral health services, allowing agencies and providers to securely administer and share client treatment information. In addition, FEI provides a wealth of information technology services to Federal Government agencies, from requirements gathering and application development through independent testing, help desk services, and maintenance.
At FEI Systems, we recognize that our employees are an important part of our success. We promote a team environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success. Currently FEI is looking for highly skilled, self-motivated and creative individuals to join our talented team of experts. FEI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in growing and promoting a diverse work force. Our employee compensation and benefits package is competitive within the industry and is designed to help employees meet varying needs throughout their careers and lives. If you're looking for a rewarding work environment that will challenge your mind and expand your horizons, then joining the FEI team may be right for you.
FEI Systems is seeking a highly skilled and motivated cloud systems engineer to support a fast paced and ever-changing environment. This individual should possess a wide breadth of experience with cloud technologies, the Microsoft stack, virtualization software, and hardware solutions (server, storage, and networking). He or she should be capable of working both independently and with the team. This is a key position providing engineering and support for an environment supporting both internal and external customers.
• Manage the company's AWS services including deployment, monitoring, management, and troubleshooting of issues
• Manage the company's Azure services including deployment, monitoring, management, and troubleshooting of issues
• Support the Microsoft Hyper-V environment and related hardware/software infrastructure
• Manage the company's internal PKI implementation and external certificates.
• Support the company's Group Policy, Active Directory, and System Center products
• Participate in the planning, coordination, and performing maintenance following the standard operational procedures
• Defines, implements, and maintains system configuration standards
• Designs, installs, configures, administers, tunes, troubleshoots, and optimizes Windows servers and related components to improve performance and achieve highly available systems in support of specific business requirements
• Provide nighttime and weekend maintenance and production support, as needed
• Serve as level 3 support for troubleshooting operational issues and diagnoses, resolves, and communicates advanced level Windows server and client problems
• Responsible for some communication with vendor support
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• A minimum of 7 years providing system operations and maintenance in a large enterprise environment
• 3 years of experience in Azure and AWS cloud platforms
• Excellent experience with AWS services: EC2, CloudFormation, VPC, ELB, AWS Security, S3, RDS, EBS, ECS, and others
• Excellent experience with Azure services: VMs, Azure Automation, vNets, Load Balancers, NSGs, Storage Accounts, App Services, Azure SQL, Managed Disks, Container Instances, and others
• Expertise with the administration of Microsoft System Center Suite, virtualized servers (Hyper-V), Windows Server 2012/2012R2 or later, Active Directory, GPOs
• Expertise with administration of PKI and certificate management
• Design, configuration, and implementation of failover support processes and services
• Has excellent troubleshooting, problem resolution, and proactive monitoring skills
• In depth understanding of server performance analysis and tune-up
• Expertise with automation and scripting, mainly PowerShell
• Understanding of ITIL
• Available after hours as needed for production support issues or planned system migration/upgrade
• Able to be on-call, respond, and act on critical alerts during business hours and after business hours
• Excellent organizational skills, highly motivated, and a self-driven work ethic
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills for the system documentation
• Excellent time management, problem solving skills, and ability to handle multiple activities
• Understanding of HIPAA, HITRUST and FISMA security policies and procedures
• Strong communication, teamwork, problem solving and organizational skills
• Ability to work in a team environment with little guidance and supervision
• College degree (BS or MS) in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
• MCSE Certification
• ITIL Foundations certification
• Experience with Linux
Location: Columbia, MD, Full time position with full company benefits
NOTICE: EO/AA/VEVRAA/Disabled Employer - Federal Contractor. FEI Systems participates in E-Verify, a federal program that enables employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by providing the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at (888) 464-4218.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, disability, or genetic information, except where it relates to a bona fide occupational qualification or requirement. FEI Systems creates an Affirmative Action Plan on an annual basis. Pursuant to federal law, the portions of FEI Systems' Affirmative Action Program that relate to Section 503 (Persons with Disabilities) and/or Section 4212 (Protected Veterans), are available for inspection upon request by applicants and employees during FEI Systems' normal business hours.