Description Job Description:
Leidos has a need for a cloud services engineer to support a high-profile IC customer mission. This is an exciting opportunity to bring your cloud services expertise to bear on critical national security programs and utilize cloud technologies in unique ways. Our IC customer mission is seeking to increase its use of cloud services where your skills and expertise will help guide them on the best ways to leverage cloud services. We seek individuals who can think out of the box and who have a passion for exotic uses of technology.
- The successful candidate will be performing research, design, development, testing, and implementation of new cloud-based solutions.
- Create documentation artifacts for existing and newly-deployed solutions for our technical baseline and O&M teams.
- Interact with cloud service providers for service provisioning.
- Prepare briefing materials on proposed uses of cloud technologies for internal program boards and customer forums.
- Integrate cloud solutions with existing networks and systems.
- The successful candidate may perform work on traditional hardware-oriented systems/networks as time permits (e.g. Cisco router/switch/firewall networks, etc.).
- When needed, support O&M troubleshooting, diagnostic, and restoration efforts during system outages or other anomalies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with 8 years of experience OR Masters with 6 years of experience or experience in lieu of degree
- In-depth, hands-on, experience with cloud-based solutions from Amazon (AWS), Google, Azure, and other vendors.
- Solid understanding and experience with virtual containers, separation of management/data paths, virtual gateways, and virtual storage.
- Experience with networking technologies such as IP routing (public-to-private), NAT, OSPF, port forwarding, HTTP and SIP proxies, and IPSec/VPN.
- Experience with implementation of PKI technologies, and public/private DNS.
- Fluent with Linux/Unix-based shell commands, folder structure, and scripting.
- IC cloud experience
- IC customer experience
- Experience with Juniper and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Experience with virtual routing and firewall products (e.g. Cisco ASAv, CSR1000v).
- Windows Server 2012 (or later) experience.
- Amazon AWS certification.
- Cisco CCNA certification.
Clearance: Active TS/SCI with Poly
As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and physiological screening.External Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.