Publix Super Markets, Inc. is the largest privately-owned food retailer in the nation with more than 1,100 stores and more than 180,000 associates throughout the Southeast. We are associate-owned, proud of our family atmosphere, and consistently named as one of the best companies to work for in America. We are largely debt-free and renowned for our financial performance as well as our premier customer service. Publix s Information Services (I/S) department is located in Lakeland, Florida and Alpharetta, Georgia and employs over 1000 associates. I/S provides the information technology required for all Publix business units including retail stores and all office and warehouse environments. The Publix I/S mission is to maximize the value of information technology to Publix associates and customers.
This management position will oversee Publix cloud operations. This candidate will manage a team and work with other teams to ensure quality solutions are delivered that are stable, secure, perform under load, and use cloud resources efficiently. This manager position must have knowledge of the relevant cloud and hybrid technologies and must have previous experience working with large-scale operational systems in other enterprises.
- Manage a new team that will support and provision cloud computing services and access.
- Responsible for defining and implementing cloud monitoring and alerting for the critical metrics within an implemented workload.
- Directly accountable for maintaining cloud services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Responsible for providing cost optimizations to ensure cloud resources are operating as efficient as possible.
- Responsible for financial reporting of cloud service consumption including monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of cloud standards (security, patterns, naming, etc.).
- Responsible for ensuring cloud workloads are secure. This includes working with internal security teams and following security procedures.
- Responsible for reviewing, approving, and implementing security access to cloud resources.
- Manage a team to work through delivery road blocks, risks, issues, and changes.
- Manage resources to be available for on-call operational issues.
- Manage any incidents through resolution.
- Work with the cloud team provide guidance on troubleshooting issues across the entire cloud stack: services, hardware, software, application, and network.
- Identify recurring problems and bottlenecks and oversee the building of tools and processes to prevent problems from recurring including self-healing processes.
- Participate in reliability issues and work with delivery teams to produce and roll out fixes with long term solutions where applicable.
- Participate in incident response and postmortems.
- Oversee the building of cloud automation handling large numbers of diverse systems with configuration management and deployment systems like: Azure DevOps, Ansible, Octopus, Puppet, and Chef.
- Collaborate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, performance and high availability in the cloud.
- Review services before they are implemented with design consulting, capacity planning and implementation plan reviews.
- Contribute to product roadmap and delivery strategy for cloud and hybrid implementations.
- Participate and provide feedback for performance testing for cloud solutions.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a cloud training plan for other teams.
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of IT related experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading large projects and/or managing teams
- Minimum of 3 years of deploying and supporting cloud services in a large-scale environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with one or more cloud providers.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing software with at least one production implementation in one of the following languages: C#/.NET, Java, Python, or Node.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience writing in a scripting language that implemented a deployment to the cloud or supported a cloud workload.
- Minimum of 3-year experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases.
- Practical knowledge of web application security.
- Minimum of 3-year as a contributor to the design of distributed and highly available cloud solutions.
- At least one entry level certification in a cloud platform technology (e.g. Azure/AZ-1xx, AWS/Associate, GCP/Associate) or 3 years cloud operations experience.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving and documentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience with communicating with other teams via calls, chats, and email.
Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- Previous experience with version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps).
- Previous experience configuring direct connections to the cloud from on premise, gateways, virtual networks, and security segmentation technologies in a production environment.
- Recent experience supporting with a hybrid cloud configuration.
- Previous experience with containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Recent experience developing software that is deployed to the cloud.
- Demonstrable experience writing automation in PowerShell, YAML, bash, etc.
- Recent experience with SQL Server.
- Recent experience with Azure Cosmos DB and/or MongoDB.
- Hands-on experience working Azure.
- Passed one or more Azure certification exams.
- Recent experience with VSTS/Azure DevOps deployments.
- Recent experience with big data clustering technologies (Hadoop, Spark, HDInsight, EMR, etc.).
An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
401(k) retirement savings plan
Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
Group dental plan
Group vision plan
Long-term disability insurance
Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
Paycheck direct deposit
Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager s approval: New Year s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).