Metro Systems is seeking a Cloud VSTS Release Management Engineer for our client in McLean, VA. As a VSTS Cloud Release Management Engineer you will be a VSTS/TFS DevOps Developer building release automation scripts that support CI/CD deployments.
- Design and build DevOps Capabilities using VSTS – Integrations, adaptors, pipeline components,
- Infrastructure as code.
- Direct interactions with consumption teams to drive adoption and continuous evolution of base offering.
- Troubleshooting software application issues. Issues to be resolved require a broad range of troubleshooting skills related to: software functionality, application server setup, database management, data analysis, and third party products.
- Contribute and participate in design and code reviews. Streamline the process & procedures and improve the release of product builds.
- Works collaboratively with cross-functional teams to understand business & functional requirements to develop automations and deliverables.
- Provide guidance, coaching, training on release management best practices.
- Monitors the efficiency, performance and effectiveness of release management process across the domain and makes recommendations for improvement. Produce regular reports and performance metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ experience with TFS/VSTS.
- Expert at building TFS/VSTS scripts and extensions
- Extensive experience with continuous integration tools (VSTS, Github, TFS, Jenkins), Microsoft Azure, Azure Monitoring tools
- Hands-on experience building release pipelines (CI/CD) within TFS/VSTS for multiple development languages
- Automation experience with PowerShell
- Experience working on or leading teams using Agile methodology / lean techniques to perform systems automation
- Experience of technical team leadership
- Experience with Agile (Scrum & Kanban)
- Experience with SQL Server
- Experience with Advanced scripting using PowerShell DSC, ARM and JSON
- Experience with instrumentation of Azure Monitoring and Application Insights
- Experience with Windows services and APIs
- Experience with Unit Testing frameworks (NUnit, Junit)
- Experience with DevOps integration tools for Code & Security Scanning (HP Fortify, SonarQube)
- Experience with assisting Azure Infrastructure Automation
- CSM/CSD/CSPO Certifications preferred
- Intermediate experience with Azure IaaS and PaaS
- Working knowledge of Pivotal Cloud Foundry Platform as a Server (PCF PaaS)
- Should have implemented availability, performance and log monitoring using Microsoft OMS/Application
- Insights or SCOM