Our Direct Client is actively looking for a Senior Infrastructure Cloud Engineer with Windows and Linux Experience. The Cloud Engineer will lead the deployment and operations of a robust AWS and AZURE cloud infrastructure. In this position, you will have the opportunity to directly impact the lives of millions of Americans by working on systems that increase access to care, improve health outcomes and control costs. The ideal candidate will be someone who is looking for continual growth, can think strategically and perform tactically, and mostly importantly, wants to make a positive difference to the people around them.
- Strong Microsoft infrastructure experience including design, implementation and administration of Active Directory, LDAP, DHCP and DNS services.
- Experience with Windows and Linux systems in public clouds such as AWS and Azure.
- Experience with native Windows features and third-party solutions like Splunk, JIRA, ServiceNow, and Microsoft WSUS tool.
- Extensive experience working on server operating systems such as Windows server 2012 R2, RHEL 6.X & RHEL 7.X.
- Strong AWS Security experience (security groups, IAM policies, EC2 roles).
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, VLANs, firewalls and load balancers.
- Strong experience in AWS Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail and SNS services.
- DevOps automation experience (Chef, Python, Cloud Formation).
- Experience with AWS Native backup/snapshots tools.
- Experience with centralized Windows and Linux patching.
- Demonstrate good judgment, identifying problems in advance and proposing solutions..
- Prepare and maintain up to date documentation for internal and external customers detailing configuration of deployed solutions.
- Help resolve complex IT issues in a Tier 2-3 capacity.
- Mentor junior staff members on day-to-day operations, analytic skills, and network technologies.
- Possess and maintain a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to design and operate networks to support ease of use, self-service, automation, and reliability of services.
- Work with Security teams early in design phases to ensure solutions comply with FISMA controls and Federal security policies.
- Participate in the creation of a DevOps-enabled automated CI/CD solution that delivers tools and processes for rapid application development efforts and on-going production operations.
- Collaborate with development, operations, and infrastructure teams to develop sound automation solutions. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions to address barriers, enabling forward movement in the application lifecycle.
- Experience with Nagios, Splunk, Trend Micro and JIRA tools.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Masters Degree preferred but not required.
- Training and Certification in Windows technologies and services.
- 10-15 years of related information technology experience.
- 2-5 years of strong experience directly related to cloud computing (i.e. AWS, Azure, Private).
- Demonstrated experience in infrastructure design and operations of Windows systems.
- Experience with practical implementations of continuous integration tools, such as Bamboo, Jenkins, or Microsoft TFS.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Familiarity with Docker containers, working experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with the Scrum Agile methodology.
- Ability to influence others using reasoning, persuasion, and negotiation; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short time.
- Must possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience supporting Federal civilian and health agencies a plus.
- Green card holder or US Citizen only.