Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology - a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ...Work you'll do/Responsibilities
The Cloud & Infrastructure SME (USDC) will be responsible for providing support for all activities related to cloud and infrastructure on the x86 platform architecture across a variety of platform and operating systems for Deloitte clients. This individual must possess a thorough understanding of cloud and infrastructure technology backed with hands-on operational experience on one or many cloud platforms. This is a client facing role local to Deloitte's Orlando based delivery center with a focus on supporting cloud and infrastructure technologies across multiple client projects.Responsibilities
- Provide hands-on cloud and infrastructure system administration & troubleshooting expertise
- Maintain functional expertise on the latest compute, storage, networking and virtualization technologies including surrounding industry best practices
- Deliver technology advisory and implementation services that extract and maximize business value from IT investments for SNET and our clients
- Review and operational requirements with project teams, management and client services groups for deployment and ongoing support
- Develop functional prototypes, demo, testing and training environments as needed to support system administration activities
- Develop documentation for best practices as it relates to server infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud computing technologies
The Solutions Network (SNET)
is a Service Line of New Business Innovation (NBI)
which is the leading-edge services development facility for Deloitte Consulting; focused on creating cloud-based IaaS, Automation tools/scripts, enhancements of various Infrastructure technologies. The portfolio spans multiple Cloud technologies including Public & Private Cloud environments alongside DevOps expertise.
Our strategy is to augment our leading build and services practice with various Network technology platforms that strike at the heart of our clients' business problems providing them with differentiated products. To do this, our SNET is built up of multiple teams including various Cloud platforms, solution architects and engineers, infrastructure, and operations staff. All of which follow our engineering and quality assurance methods and standards. Our dedicated space is equipped with Smart Board technology and interactive team environments along with state-of-the-art video conferencing facilities.
We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and innovation and can develop ideas into products that are relevant to solve business problems.QualificationsRequired
- Bachelor's Degree (Software/Computer Technology Field Preferred) or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience administering cloud or infrastructure services across a large, diverse, server environment
- 3+ years of prior government and/or commercial consulting experience
- Technical proficiency including systems experience, strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, and issue management in a multi-platform environment
- Demonstrated experience, training or certification with a major Public Cloud platform such as VMware vCloud, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, IBM SoftLayer, etc.
- Demonstrated experience, training or certification with major Private Cloud platforms such as VMware vRealize, OpenStack, Microsoft Hyper-V, Oracle OVM, RedHat KVM, etc.
- 2+ years of knowledge and experience with container management tools (Docker, Openshift), Container orchestration (Kubernetes), Infrastructure-as-code IaaS (Ansible, CloudFormation).
- Demonstrated experience with Linux administration
- In depth knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, WINS, load balancing and firewall technologies
- In depth knowledge of VMWare, HP, IBM, Cisco, Dell and other major vendor HW/SW offerings
- In-depth knowledge of directory services, authentication technologies, Active Directory/LDAP, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of system and network security best practices including governance
- Intermediate knowledge of enterprise storage administration
- Intermediate knowledge of primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53, S3, & VPC)
- Ability and discipline to work and succeed in a fast pace and organizationally complex environment, to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology, and to lead and manage small projects
- Passion for emerging IT technology solutions, industry trends, and progressive operations methodology
- Knowledge of Architecture governance best practices and experience applying them to solve client
- Demonstrated record in leading and instilling service disciplines and team work
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Bachelor-level degree in engineering, information technology, data communications, telecommunications, computer science, or equivalent educational or professional experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
How you'll grow
- Needs to work and live out of Gilbert, AZ or Lake Mary, FL.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.