Grapevine Technology is an Information Technology recruiting firm focused on quality candidate placement with high profile client companies. Our client in Stamford, CT needs a Cloudscape Engineer for a contract position.
- Oversee and assist with engineering design and technical changes required to support migrations from the EMC 20K & 40K storage arrays to NetApp in NADC, for server migrations from Ashburn / Atlanta into NADC & NADC2 and for migration of the ERP Financial systems from CenturyLink to NADC & NADC2.
- Provide technical expertise with regards to the following software and hardware: Windows operating system(s), Linux OS, ESX vSphere, Commvault, NetApp, NetApp Snap Mirror / SRM, EMC VMAX, EMC RecoverPoint, HP EVA (SAN), Cisco UCS, UCS Director/Manager, CloudCenter
- Work with the Workstream PMs to ensure coordination and integration of engineering activities required to complete Workstream deliverables.
- Liaise with Enterprise Architects, Domain Architects, IRM and other Engineering subject matter experts to determine technology solution alternatives and alignment/disruption to roadmap while addressing specific business and application needs.
- Provide Hosting infrastructure design services including technical assessments, IT standards compliance, hardware and software product selection.
- Review low level solution design for adherence to provided Architectural approaches and participate in service transition / quality gate reviews prior to go-live.
- Prepare and/or review runbooks and provide knowledge transfer as required for handover of operational support to partner suppliers.
- Work closely within the Hosting Engineering Team and with Operations to scale capacity and design solutions that meet operational standards for reliability and operational usability.
- Conduct Proof-of-concept (POC) tests to help determine the viability of new technologies.
- Create processes that streamline operational workflows and, where possible, leverages automated solutions to implement those processes.
- Coordinate with multiple hardware and software vendors to ensure service delivery meets SLA targets.
Client is looking for an engineer that can design, configure, troubleshoot, and test server, storage and backup environments. HP and Cisco server experience are a must have.
Candidate must have Windows & Linux server experience, as well as Cloud services expertise.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via Dice.com.
No sponsorship available. NO TRAINING VISAS. NO THIRD PARTIES. NO CORP to CORP.