Want to leverage your experience and development skills in Healthcare Hadoop Administration?
CGI is seeking a Cloudera (Hadoop) Administrator who analyzes, designs, creates and implements Big Data infrastructures and more, and would like to become a part of a dynamic team located in Bloomfield, Connecticut! This is an exciting opportunity to augment your current skills, as well as, learn new technologies.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the Healthcare Industry, this role is for you. Your future duties and responsibilities
* Analyzes, designs, creates and implements Big Data infrastructures, including access methods, device allocations, validation checks, organization and security.
* Designs data models, logical and physical infrastructure designs, etc.
* Assists in system planning, scheduling, and implementation
* Initiates corrective actions to stay on schedule
* Installs, upgrades, and tests complex big data deployments.
* Develops and implements recovery plans and procedures.
* Disciplines: Hadoop design and analysis. Required qualifications to be successful in this role
* Solid administrative knowledge of Apache Hadoop a must (Cloudera distribution a plus)
* BI Tool integrations with Hadoop
* DBA experience HBASE
* experience with database replication and scaling
* Design, install, and maintain highly available systems (including monitoring, security, backup, and performance tuning)
* Linux (RHEL) proficiency a must
* Scripting experience
* automation experience (chef/puppet)
* Must possess good analytics and problem solving skills
* must be willing to work flexible hours
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, with at least five years of overall experience and a minimum of three years of experience as a Hadoop Engineer, or the equivalent in education and work experience. It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change--supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.